Details: Competitive based on experience
Community Grants, Planning & Housing (CGP&H) is seeking an experienced and dedicated full-time Affordable Housing Case Manager with a background in community development and/or affordable housing and a commitment to helping others. This position will be part of a dynamic and expanding team implementing a wide range of affordable housing initiatives throughout the state of New Jersey.
Who we are and why we are a great place to work:
We are a friendly, fast-paced, 20-person consulting firm that is an established leader in affordable housing administration, grant writing, home rehabilitation programs, and municipal planning. Our clients are cities, towns, organizations and landlords across New Jersey working to build strong, vibrant and welcoming communities.
We are an innovative company always looking for ways to enhance the administration of affordable housing through the use of technology. We are industry leaders in utilizing cloud-based systems to more efficiently process applications, manage expansive affordable housing portfolios, and provide applicants with a one-of-a-kind portal to update their information and track their own status on waiting lists. We always welcome staff input and ideas for continually improving and expanding these systems.
We take great pride in supporting our staff, providing opportunities for growth and training, and fostering a friendly and cohesive atmosphere. We have high expectations and are usually very busy, but we always seek to make our staff happy and comfortable. Our motto, Good People, Great Results, describes us well.
Who we are looking for:
- A positive and self-motivated team member who enjoys working collaboratively with others.
- A responsible and professional communicator who can effectively communicate with landlords, municipal officials, and affordable housing applicants.
- An experienced professional with a demonstrated track record of effective project management, implementing projects from inception to completion, and working independently with input from supervisors and peers.
- A critical thinker who constantly looks for ways to redefine and accomplish existing tasks in more efficient ways.
- A dedicated and reliable achiever who takes ownership of responsibilities and can meet high expectations.
What the Case Manager would do:
- Liaising with landlords and owners of affordable units to ensure successful administration of our programs
- Income-certification of applicants for affordable housing programs.
- Oversee the management of affordable homes that are in foreclosure to ensure they remain deed restricted affordable homes.
- Independent project management of programs such as down payment and rental assistance programs that assist tenants and owners of deed restricted affordable housing.
- Administer program to create new affordable sale units and recruit landlords to participate with the affordable housing program.
- Assisting with higher-level affordable housing planning-related projects.
- Complete annually required monitoring of affordable housing portfolios.
- Attending and leading affordable home sales closings.
- Working with our large applicant pool and affordable housing portfolio using Salesforce, a cloud-based CRM software.
- Improve the applicant experience through additional web-based tools to streamline waiting list management and income certification process.
What our expectations are for the ideal candidate:
- A Master's degree in a relevant field (community development, city and regional planning, etc.), or a Bachelor's degree with relevant experience.
- Prior experience in nonprofit, government, or social service agencies, and/or experience in real estate, loan processing, banking, or another relevant field.
- Sound judgement and sensitivity to the special circumstances of affordable housing applicants.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Mail Merge, Outlook, and Excel (Please note, applicants may be asked to take a skills test on Microsoft Word or Excel as part of the application process).
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Well organized, detailed-oriented and able to multi-task.
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
Other experience that would make you great at this job (but not required):
- Bi-lingual Spanish communication and translation skills.
- Salesforce (or other similar cloud-based software like Raiser’s Edge, iCIMS, etc.).
- Online Email Marketing Clients: Constant Contact, iContact, Mail Chimp, etc.
We offer a full benefits package available for full-time employees after 90-day probation period, including major medical, pre-tax flexible spending account (FSA) for medical expenses, a generous matching 401k program, life insurance, vision care and more.
Please visit our websites to learn more about our company at www.cgph.net and our affordable homes programs at www.affordablehomesnewjersey.net.
CGP&H is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Major medical, pre-tax flexible spending account (FSA) for medical expenses, a generous matching 401k program, life insurance, vision care and more.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Putting your cover letter in the body of the email is fine.