Details: Competitive salary is commensurate with individual’s experience and skills
100 North 20th Street
Note: We are only looking for candidates in Philadelphia and the Greater Philadelphia Area.
As the country’s oldest association management company, we’re passionate about helping associations make a positive impact in their fields, whether it’s through fundraising, programming, meeting management, or anything in between.
The Associate Director is responsible for leading and managing Association chapter activities. In addition, the Associate Director will be the main point of contact for the Board of Directors and other key volunteers.
Liaison with Volunteer Leaders
- Assisting Officers/Board of Directors in developing and implementing long-term association strategies and priorities
- Ensuring that objectives are met in accordance with bylaws and budgetary parameters
- Recommending and participating in the formulation of new association policies
- Serve as the primary point of contact for volunteer leaders
- Provide information and direction on membership, financial, volunteer management and other issues
- Cultivate working relationships with Chapter partners and other potential collaborators on behalf of the Chapter
- Participate in monthly Finance, Nominating and National Capital Philanthropy Day Committee meetings, and other committee meetings as needed
- Oversee all chapter programs, services and activities to ensure that all requirements are met
- Liaison with speakers to confirm speaking engagement
- Attend and provide onsite management of annual Sunset Social, National Capital Philanthropy Day, and Annual Member Reception
- Attend and provide onsite management of monthly educational, networking, and other events as needed
- Supervise Program Coordinator and meetings staff; liaison with internal Fernley & Fernley departments
- Process and pay monthly invoices
- Liaison with Client International Headquarters
- In coordination with Chapter Treasurer, prepare and manage Chapter budget
- Facilitate the yearly audit process with external CPA firm
- Strategic website updates as needed
- Provide technical and administrative support as needed
Education and Work Experience
- Successful candidates will have a minimum of three years of business (association or non-profit experience preferred) as a key decision maker or leader
- A bachelor's degree in business administration or related field or equivalent experience required. CAE certification is preferred.
- Superior analytical and financial skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, as the position requires heavy interaction with members and venders as well as public speaking
- Excellent Microsoft Office applications skills, including PowerPoint, prior data base management experience.
- Position requires moderate level of travel.
- Insurance: Medical (POS or HMO plans); Dental and vision; flex spend account; accidental death and life insurance; short and long-term disability; ability to purchase accident and critical illness insurance at a low premium
- Retirement: 401k
- PTO: 21 days PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Travel covered by company
- Other fun perks: Our “Fun Committee” puts together monthly company events. We celebrate birthday, anniversaries, and have an annual holiday party. Shout-out board where people can put shout-outs for teammates (weekly email sent out with all the shout-outs). Weekend work is comped.
Level of Language Proficiency
English - fluent
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply at this link: https://fernley.janehires.com/Jobs/685ihZEw6k-RM6jzvAPA0A