Details: $12 per hour + travel stipend. Promotable if good fit.
216 E. 45th St
Want to learn more about the nonprofit world and how to raise money for these organizations? We are a very small and fast-paced office looking for the right person to join our team.
A part-time position is now available with a renowned consulting firm in New York City specializing in fundraising strategy and major donor research for a variety of nonprofits from arts organizations to hospitals to human services. This position is ideal for recent graduates and current under-graduate or graduate students who would like more experience with fundraising and philanthropy. You will get a solid introduction to standard research programs and techniques.
Prasad Consulting & Research (PCR) enables nonprofit organizations to maximize their income by raising major and capital gifts. The firm has counseled more than 100 charities throughout the country and around the world, with operating budgets ranging from $50,000 to $2.5 billion.
Our services include research and strategy development, audits of research departments, and training for development offices and staff.
Headquartered in New York City, PCR is a pioneer in helping organizations craft major donor strategies for individuals and groups with differing cultural values and sensitivities. Projects have included campaigns targeted specifically to African-American, Chinese, Dutch-American, Hispanic, Scandinavian, South Asian, Sephardic, gay and lesbian, elderly, and female populations.
For more information on PCR, please visit our website at www.prasadconsulting.com.
The Research and Administrative Assistant performs various duties that support fundraising efforts and a functional office. This position demands judgment and professionalism. He or she will be involved in short and long-term projects related to fundraising research and strategy, social media, and email, phone, and in-person interactions with clients.
We seek an intelligent, analytic, responsive, organized, and detail-oriented person with excellent writing skills who is interested in the opportunity to work with many clients dealing with issues in the areas of fundraising, research, events, and communications. Undergraduate, graduate, master's and doctoral students are encouraged to apply.
- Assist PCR with internet research and prospecting of potential individual and corporate donors.
- Manage multiple databases (researching donor records, generating reports, preparing data entries etc.)
- Complete day-to-day tasks associated with website updates, expense reimbursements, phone calls and voicemail, client questions, PowerPoint presentations, computer troubleshooting, and additional duties as assigned.
- Help maintain the President's calendar and schedule appointments. Support the planning and execution of meetings, providing logistical support. As directed, assemble materials, data, reports, etc., in preparation for meetings and programs.
- Prepare and support the timely dissemination of clear and professional written internal and external communication.
- Maintain an organized and efficient office through everyday purchases and by keeping track of office inventory.
- High School Diploma required, bachelor's degree or in pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree preferred, some graduate work is a plus
- Fluency in English necessary.
- Excellent communication, writing, and editing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Highly organized and flexible; very attentive to detail.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects simultaneously and with consistency and accuracy.
- Demonstrated initiative and follow-through with a keen sense of urgency.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Goal-oriented and ability to meet large goals and deadlines effectively.
- Cultural competence.
Additional Experience/Skills (preferred, but not required)
- Experience and/or interest in supporting development/fundraising, public relations, communications studies, and/or working in the nonprofit sector
- Proficiency in additional languages
- Experience as a Teacher's Assistant
- Familiarity with Raisers Edge software, Dreamweaver, SPSS and/or equivalent programs
- Tech savvy/experience with applications such as MailChimp, Photoshop, Canva, and Google Analytics
20+ hours per week, flexible schedule, additional hours possible. Starting immediately.
Flexible schedule, additional hours possible, starting immediately.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English is required. Proficiency in additional languages is of interest, but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Research and Administrative Assistant’ in the subject line.