727 Allston Way, Suite C
Industry leader in mobile technology seeks an enthusiastic Documentation Manager who is excited about innovating the future of banking. Must love challenging projects, creative solutions, and adorable puppies in the office.
This position is full time in Berkeley, California. Not a remote position.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Bachelors degree
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Eagerness to add value to the project without extensive supervision
- 2+ years experience as a writer at a software company
- Experience writing for a variety of audiences
- Experience curating a large set of documentation
This position is perfect for someone who has passion for the entire software development process, from specification to support. Applicants will need to be able to understand complex software systems.
We’re looking for writers who can understand a problem their audience is having; envision the best way to address the problem; then research and create documents with superior design, clarity, and concision.
- Producing and managing the documentation for an industry-leading enterprise software product
- Analyzing the needs of disparate audiences and tailoring documentation to those needs
- Writing about technical concepts with clarity
- Communicating with product owners, developers, QA, and implementation managers for research
- Prioritizing documentation requests with accuracy and transparency
- Designing documents that convey information quickly and intuitively
- Using industry-standard tools for documentation and project management (Atlassian suite)
- Managing other writers as needed
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Medical and dental insurance
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Paid home internet
- Opportunities to travel and attend industry events
- Twice-weekly yoga in the office and paid gym memberships
- Access to the company cabin in Lake Tahoe and the two company sailboats in the San Francisco Bay
About the Company:
Access Softek started developing software 30 years ago in Berkeley, California. Now, we have offices all over the United States and around the world, and are growing by the day! Our software is in use by over 350+ financial institutions, helping them to reach millions of customers and shape communities across the country. In addition, we have a technical development and consulting division that works for companies like Google, Sony and Nintendo.
Minimum Education Required