If you’re a professional with 5+ years experience in marketing and communications, a commitment to nonprofit missions, and a background in brand development, you might be just the Duck we’re looking for.
What does a strategist do?
Strategists at Big Duck lead projects of all kinds—including brand development, messaging, communications planning, campaign strategy, and more—for our nonprofit clients. They conduct research, surface insights, and deliver pragmatic recommendations that reflect an understanding of each client’s capacity and culture.
Here's some of what the job includes:
- Leading meetings, presentations, and facilitating workshops and group conversations with clients and colleagues, both over the phone and in-person
- Developing positioning, personality, and strategic recommendations for branding projects
- Crafting strategic messaging platforms in collaboration with copywriters
- Conducting research—designing and analyzing surveys, facilitating interviews, reviewing and analyzing data, auditing materials, etc.
- Crafting clear and detailed reports, presentations, project briefs, campaign plans, communications plans, and more based on the unique needs of each project
- Partnering with colleagues on the creative and relationship management teams to deliver truly valuable solutions to our clients' challenges
- Cultivating, building, and managing strong client relationships based on trust, communication of progress/results and understanding of each client’s needs and culture
- Supporting Big Duck’s marketing and business development, which might include writing, speaking, training, and participating in meetings with prospective clients
- Helping develop and implement new services and products that serve the sector in new ways (e.g., the Brandraising Benchmark or paid trainings)
Strategists report to our Director of Strategy.
This job is full-time, on-site at our office in DUMBO, Brooklyn. We’re looking for someone with a demonstrated commitment to nonprofit missions, background in branding or a closely related area of expertise, and 5+ years of experience in a related field.
Strong candidates are...
- Passionate about Big Duck’s values and commitment to equity and inclusion
- Hard-working, detail-oriented, and analytical
- Highly strategic thinkers and communicators
- Great presenters and confident facilitators
- Strong writers, clear speakers, and good proofreaders
- Inclined to tackle any task—big or small—with a smile
- Capable of moving fluidly between the small details and the big picture
The salary range for this position is $55,000–$65,000. We offer all full-time employees 20 days of paid time off (in addition to paid holidays), subsidized health insurance through Aetna, dental and vision plans, and an IRA matching program.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for the position, candidates must fill out the application form at Workable.com by May 28th. Please, no calls or visits: we'll be in touch if we think you might be a fit.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION AT BIG DUCK
Big Duck is a certified woman-owned business that celebrates equity, diversity, and inclusiveness on our team, with our clients, and among our partners. We welcome and strongly encourage candidates who identify as people of color, men, people with disabilities, LGBTQ, and/or gender nonconforming people to apply.