11 Park Place
We’re looking for an Office Manager to join one of the best firms in the do-gooder business.
Here’s what you’ll be doing in this role:
Managing the New York City office. This includes:
- Coordinating staff events and weekly lunches
- Ordering all kitchen and office supplies and maintaining inventory
- Troubleshooting and support for staff, working with IT team based in DC as needed.
- Handling onboarding logistics, including IT and workstation setup for new hires.
- Coordinating with any office-related vendors
- Acting as liaison with building management
Providing support to senior staff including:
- Monthly expense reimbursements
- Credit card reconciliations
- Travel coordination
Providing administrative support to internal teams at M+R including:
- Creating meeting agendas, taking notes, tracking progress on projects and routing approvals.
- Coordinating travel for events
- Basic copy editing and proofing for new business proposals
- Carefully tracking all of your work hours to help our firm run smoothly.
Skills and experiences you should have:
- 5+ years of office management experience
- Strong attention to detail - you catch the typo no one else sees
- Demonstrated ability to develop systems and processes where none previously existed
- Ability to clarify expectations for your role in projects and unafraid to take charge
- Ownership - you are the proposer-in-chief when it comes to the best way to run the office
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology and software
- Able to manage up to secure what you need to get the job done
- Strong ability to write clearly, concisely, and logically
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize your time across tasks of varying sizes
- Familiarity with setting up and troubleshooting basic hardware: printers, phones, monitors, etc.
- Thoughtfulness, empathy, and self awareness. You go out of your way to help others and look out for your colleagues
- A “we’re in this together” mentality toward your work with colleagues
- Ability to set goals and drive toward them - never missing deadlines, never dropping balls, and always producing high quality work
- Recognition that feedback is a part of learning and growth and are committed to both seeking and receiving feedback
- You are able to do the hard work of seeing things from others’ perspectives
- Ability to see a problem and propose a solution. You don’t wait for others to notice issues or assume someone else will fix it
- You bring a lens of inclusivity to all of your interactions with colleagues
The fine print:
The position is located in 11 Park Place, New York, NY.
M+R is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. As a firm we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together to change the world. M+R is strengthened by our staff’s diversity, including race and ethnicity, social class, national origin, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, and so much more. We strongly encourage folks from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We love, respect, and welcome you!
M+R is 140 smart people who help nonprofits achieve real, lasting change. We mobilize supporters, raise money, and move the media, the public, and decision-makers. We only work with clients we believe in. We take risks. We work hard. We’re leaders, we’re organizers, and we don’t stop until we win.
Salary, Benefits and Some Perks:
One of our core values as a firm is that we take care of each other. Every employee shares in our success and in our profits, and we offer a great salary and benefits package:
- Three week’s vacation as well as paid sick and personal days;
- Generous health, dental, and vision benefits;
- 401(k) plan with employer match;
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care, and transit;
- Professional development stipend;
- There IS such a thing as free lunch here – on Fridays!
- Weekly brainstorms where we cook up our most creative ideas;
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply and see a full job description, use the link on this page. No calls please. M+R will only contact candidates to schedule an interview.