EVALCORP is a fast-paced, dynamic consulting firm located in the Irvine area of Southern California. We specialize in program evaluation, needs assessment and strategic planning consulting services. Our primary clients are government agencies and community-based nonprofits. Our core content areas include: criminal justice, public health, mental health, alcohol/other drug prevention, child welfare and education. We provide outstanding client service through high-quality, utilization-focused reports and services.
EVALCORP is seeking a full-time Research Assistant (RA) to perform data collection, data entry, verification and analyses for applied research and evaluation. The RA is responsible for implementing key data activities according to the research / evaluation plans and within the project timelines. We are looking for someone who has applied research experience, is very organized and has high standards for the accuracy and quality of their work.
- Master’s degree in psychology or an applied social science
- One year of full-time applied research experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in quantitative and/or qualitative research methods
- Highly computer proficient (including Microsoft Office, SPSS, internet)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Analytic, problem-solving skills
- Accuracy, attention to detail and organizational skills a must
- Ability to work within teams and autonomously and handle competing priorities
- Valid driver’s license and access to own transportation
- Coordinate and schedule data collection activities with clients
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative data collection, including but not limited to interviews, focus groups, surveys, document reviews
- Maintain project datasets, including entering, verifying, cleaning, coding, etc.
- Conduct literature reviews
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative data analyses
- Create data tables and graphs/charts
- Assist with writing evaluation reports and other product deliverables
- Participate in client meetings and presentations
- Other project work as needed
Minimum Education Required