Fenton is the social change agency taking on the world’s toughest challenges in human rights, social and economic justice, environment, education and public health. Primed with deep issue expertise and powered by creativity and passion, we create strategies for clients to help build a more just, equitable and sustainable world. With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C. and San Francisco, our communications experts combine creative skills with deep sector expertise to help change makers maximize the impact of their work.
Fenton has a culture steeped in social change and activism, with a collaborative work environment, excellent benefits and a strong sense of purpose and community across the agency. We are committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff and recognize our success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality communication professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences and are committed to providing an environment conducive to learning, growth and advancement.
We are looking for a Senior Account Executive in our Los Angeles office with 3-5 years of communications experience looking to strengthen their media relationships, own writing projects including op-eds, messaging and strategic plans, and lead creative pitch development across a variety of subjects in progressive communications, public relations and issue advocacy
This job will be remote for the duration of Shelter in Place policies due to Covid, then back to our offices with some work from home flexibility.
The Senior Account Executive works across multiple lines of an account developing and executing on and offline solutions which help our clients to meet their missions. The ideal candidate is comfortable multi- tasking, prioritizing competing deadlines and enjoys taking on new challenges in a creative and innovative environment. S/he has some background in project management and execution, research, earned media or social media campaigns and is a strong writer.
Develop and execute advanced public relations tactics, including:
o Overseeing media campaigns and contributing to strategic planning for clients
o Pitching high level reports, editors, producers, and columnists
o Writing, editing and reviewing press releases, fact sheets, op-eds and other press materials
o Organizing and staffing press events and editorial board visits
· Serve as primary client contact for small to mid-level accounts
· Develop account strategy with senior staff which includes creating key client correspondence
· Assisting in managing pieces of large accounts and may lead on smaller accounts as assigned
· Manage client relations and building a positive client rapport
· Develop and lead content development for materials such as collateral and client presentations
· Contribute to proposal writing and strategy memos
· Maintain increasing levels of budget responsibilities such as:
o Managing client budgets for profitability for preventing overages
o Anticipating and alerting VP/SVP of potential account budget issues
· Participate in new business pitches as assigned including:
o Leading proposal development processes
o Writing portions of new business proposals
o Development of new business decks
o Contributing to new business strategies through providing program recommendations
o Participating in new business pitches
· Develop and contribute minimum of two new business ideas per quarter
· Train and mentor junior staff
· Delegate appropriate tasks to junior staff
· Act as a model of good citizenship
· Attend and lead as appropriate staff and team meetings – providing input and feedback on business improvement, including client service staff development, and office procedures
Fenton is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to the affirmative hiring of women, people of color, people with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community. We strive to represent the diverse community reflected in our client work.
Fenton is the social change agency taking on the world’s toughest challenges in human rights, social and economic justice, environment, education and public health. Primed with deep issue expertise and powered by creativity and passion, we…