Cascadia is currently seeking a Climate and Sustainability Associate to support and lead the development and implementation of effective, community-centered strategies, plans, and policies for environmental, organizational, and behavior change. This work will span multiple topic areas, including climate, sustainability, natural resources, Puget Sound recovery, and more. Specifically, the Associate will:
· Support elements of strategic planning, including collecting and analyzing information; strategic visioning; identifying, evaluating, and prioritizing options; setting goals and targets; implementation planning; and/or reporting/tracking/evaluation.
· Support inclusive and equitable stakeholder and public engagement, including preparation and facilitation of stakeholder interviews, focus groups, briefings, and online and in-person workshops and public events.
· Communicate effectively with team members and clients prior to, following, and in between (for ongoing projects) meetings, ensuring that project elements are moving forward as planned.
· Develop draft content for high-stakes communication (e.g., for large stakeholder groups or high-level decisionmakers).
· Conduct qualitative research on policies, trends, and best practices related to climate change mitigation and adaptation, energy, transportation, materials management, natural resource management, and other sustainability topics.
· Effectively write and verbally communicate using a diversity of styles and perspectives including synthesizing and translating complex information into clear, informative, and compelling materials (e.g., summaries, fact sheets, presentations, online dashboards, reports).
· Support project and team management duties, including scoping, developing and monitoring budgets, planning, supporting partners, delegating tasks, overseeing project teams, managing subcontractors, reporting, and invoicing from initiation to completion.
· Actively reflect and improve upon efforts to incorporate diversity, equity, and inclusion concepts into client work.
· Occasionally travel locally or overnight, when permissible, including for public engagement, meetings, or other activities outside standard work hours.
· Perform other duties as required.
· A bachelor’s, master’s, or other advanced degree in environmental sciences, environmental management, public policy, or related field and at minimum 2 years of relevant, professional work experience in the climate or sustainability fields.
· Understanding of, and commitment to, Cascadia’s mission to “inspire and empower communities everywhere to protect and restore our world” in an equitable and inclusive way.
· A commitment to racial equity and the ability to apply racial equity principles to project work with clients, partners, and colleagues in an innovative and culturally responsible way while exhibiting emotional intelligence (i.e., culturally responsive engagement and facilitation).
· Working knowledge of climate science, climate adaptation and mitigation strategies, and ability to quickly learn about climate change issues.
· Comfort making presentations to clients and presenting information in a compelling, informative, and persuasive fashion.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills in English with the ability to adapt to a diversity of styles and perspectives, and the ability to communicate scientific and technical ideas clearly using simple, commonly accepted language.
· Demonstrate initiative and problem-solving skills; exceptional critical thinking capabilities.
· Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to handle challenging situations with tact and sensitivity.
· Ability to manage and execute multiple concurrent tasks and deadlines with minimal guidance in a fast-paced environment.
· Intermediate to advanced experience with producing deliverables with Microsoft Office 365 programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Experience with virtual teleconference/engagement platforms including Zoom and Teams.
· Demonstrated familiarity with and expertise at developing strategic plans, climate action plans, or other similar environmental or sustainability planning documents and processes.
· Knowledge of federal and state climate policies, including the latest policy developments in Washington state.
· Experience designing and administering surveys, including using SurveyMonkey.
· Graphic design capabilities, including experience with Adobe InDesign or Illustrator.
· Ability to converse, present, and/or write fluently in any languages commonly spoken in the Seattle area—such as Vietnamese, Korean, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Tagalog, Thai, Amharic, Arabic, Somali, Oromo, Tigrinya, Punjabi, or Russian—and interest in applying these language skills professionally.
Cascadia is currently seeking a Climate and Sustainability Associate to support and lead the development and implementation of effective, community-centered strategies, plans, and policies for environmental…
This is a full-time, hourly, regular, non-exempt position based in Seattle, WA. Hourly rates are based on experience and competitive with jobs in the environmental sector; the anticipated hourly rate range for this position is $25-$30/hour. The work may require flexible hours (including hours beyond the standard workday, such as weekends and evenings).
Cascadia offers a flexible workplace with the potential to work from home and the office, a generous benefit package, including health insurance for employees at or above 60% full-time equivalent, 401(k) with an employer match, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, transportation subsidies, flexible spending accounts, generous paid time off (per annum: 3 weeks’ vacation, 10 holidays, 9 sick days pro- rated for FTE equivalency), professional development opportunities, sabbaticals, and paid parental leave.
This is a full-time, hourly, regular, non-exempt position based in Seattle, WA. Hourly rates are based on experience and competitive with jobs in the environmental sector; the…
Submit a compelling cover letter outlining your passion for, and fit with, the position, and please also provide a complete chronological resume. Submit both to the following link: https://cascadiaconsulting.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0s276?cjb_hash=O_yJKn63&apply_now=true. Your cover letter should address your ability to meet the criteria in the Required Qualifications section and highlight relevant experience, education, and why you are interested in this position. Please state where you learned about the position. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Submit a compelling cover letter outlining your passion for, and fit with, the position, and please also provide a complete chronological resume. Submit both to the following link…