220 North Camden Street
Wingate University Position Description
Position Title: Assistant Director of Donor Relations and Advancement Services
Founded in 1896, Wingate University is a private, comprehensive institution offering students active learning opportunities through personalized instruction, world travel, career discovery, faith development, and community service. Wingate University is a residential university with a liberal arts core located near Charlotte, North Carolina. More information about the university may be found on our website: http://www.wingate.edu
The Assistant Director of Donor Relations and Advancement Services manages all aspects of the University’s donor database, in coordination with team members and other departments. The position also works directly with donors, cultivating and stewarding relationships.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversee all aspects of Advancement database, Raiser’s Edge and Raiser’s Edge NXT, including training.
· Support the Director of Donor Relations and Advancement Services with Advancement Services operations to ensure team is striving towards best practices with clean, updated data, proper gift entry protocol, and policies and procedures.
· Assist with stewardship, recognition, education, and communication efforts for all donors, giving circles, and societies including but not limited to Annual Fund, Wingate Society, endowed scholarships, designated endowments, Board of Visitors, major gifts, campaign support, Leadership in Loyalty Society, and Legacy Society.
· Assist the Director with the stewardship process of endowed scholarship donors including recognition, student correspondence and participation related to the Scholarship Luncheon, financial and biographical reports, and scholarship agreements.
· Enhance the acknowledgement process for all gift ranges giving particular emphasis to strategies for retaining first-time donors.
· Manage and promote consecutive annual giving and recognition in the Leadership in Loyalty Circle and Jerry E. McGee Society.
· Work with the Director and advancement officers to create and execute stewardship plans for individual donors while executing post-gifting activities to support the donor during the stewardship phase of the donor cycle and to strengthen donor retention.
· Manage the input of accurate donor records in the University databases using the suite of research, information and data management programs and services available to best steward and build relations with our donors.
· Attend scheduled and called Advancement meetings.
· Participate in various training mediums to remain current in the Advancement profession.
· Assume other Advancement duties as may be assigned.
· Balances Stakeholders
· Communicates Effectively
· Customer Focus
· Drives Engagement
· Optimizes Work Processes
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree
· 2-3 years of experience using a donor database, Raiser’s Edge preferred
· Managerial abilities, analytical skills, flexibility, creativity in problem solving
· Skill in written and verbal communications
· Excellent organizational skills
· Ability to work with University staff, faculty, students, donors, and the general public
Starting salary range commensurate with experience: $40,000-$50,000
For additional information and consideration contact PMA Consulting, LLC. Application materials consist of a letter of interest, resume and contact information for three references and may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Wingate University abides by all federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination solely on the basis of a person’s race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age (over 40), sex, marital status or physical handicap, except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists. Wingate University is committed to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Wingate University expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required