Details: Commensurate with experience; competitive benefits package
Participating in client engagements under the supervision of the project lead. Duties include:
- Drafting creative communication materials (including initial concept briefs) such as newsletters, factsheets, reports, and external e-mails
- Reviewing communication materials for client/brand consistency
- Copy editing
- Translating complex qualitative and quantitative data into plain language in more digestible formats, including infographics
- Applying approved messaging and language universally to ensure consistency in communications in any given community giving initiative, as well as across multiple community giving initiatives.
- Supporting media outreach efforts by researching relevant publications and reporters/writers
Client and Stakeholder Engagement:
- Participating in meetings by assisting with facilitation, taking notes (on flip charts and/or on paper) and writing summaries of these notes.
- Assisting with preparation of client reports and correspondence by compiling information, developing content, formatting, proofreading, and copy-editing.
- Reviewing and summarizing funding proposals, interim and final grant reports on behalf of clients
- General client relations, including telephone and email communication, and in-person meetings.
- Developing and formatting presentations using PowerPoint, Prezi, etc.
- Designing data-informed content, including infographics
- Designing and developing associated print materials, handouts, etc. to elevate impact of presentation
Data Collection and Research:
- Assisting in the design of quantitative and qualitative evaluation tools such as surveys, interview guides, site visit guides, evaluation frameworks, focus group guides, etc.
- Conducting and documenting individual and group interviews; analyzing and summarizing interview data
- Partner with project teams to ensure that accurate and compelling data is integrated into key internal and external communications messages
- Conducting research to inform program design and to identify and review stakeholder organizations and individuals; compiling background information from published and on-line sources, surveys, and interviews; and drafting results of research into benchmarking reports.
- Ability to read and understand logic models to create communication materials and evaluation tools.
Project and Team Management:
- Providing day-to-day and year-long project management support, including assisting with coordination of work of project teams across multiple business lines
- Continually monitoring and updating budgets, workplans and revenue projections for projects and project staff
- Serving as back-up to the work of Consultants as required
- Preparing agendas for both client and team meetings
- Facilitating team meetings
Participating in business line and firm marketing efforts. Duties include:
- Assisting in proposal-writing and sales calls with prospective clients.
- General reading on issues and events in the practice areas.
- Helping to develop and execute discrete projects that advance business line and firm internal development (such as R&D, professional development, and information sharing).
- Managing business line prospective clients/leads in Deltek Database.
- Undergraduate degree essential, graduate degree preferred
- 3-5 years professional experience
- Agency/consultant firm experience
- Budget management experience
- Communication experience (for both internal and external audiences)
- Familiarity with nonprofit and/or philanthropic sectors through work experience
- Some knowledge of one or more of the following areas; HIV, reproductive justice and women’s rights, mental health, and substance use disorders
- Understanding of the public health field (preferred not required)
- Client interface experience
- On-the-ground experience with underserved communities
Skills and Attributes
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, relationship-building and negotiation skills (i.e. ability to listen as well as persuade)
- Client service mindset and skilled at adapting working style to different needs and capacities.
- Interest in, and capable of, handling a diverse array of assignments (both in terms of substance area and type of work)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- A team player with a “roll up the sleeves” attitude, who is able to share information and collaborate effectively across multiple functions and geographies.
- Ability to manage and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- High tolerance for ambiguity and ability to adapt to changing priorities, strategic frameworks, and definitions of success.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in using Microsoft Professional Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Internet search engines and statistical analysis - SPSS a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and a cover letter with a writing sample (no more than 5 pages – can be excerpted) for the “Integrated Initiatives Associate Consultant” position at https://jobs-tccgrp.icims.com/.