Details: Commensurate with experience
192 South Street
Craftsman Technology Group is hiring a Senior Technical Architect to work in our nonprofit consulting practice.
As a Senior Technical Architect, you will create and oversee the creation of holistic technical solutions that will help nonprofit and social sector organizations achieve their missions. You will bring together a host of tools, technologies and technical resources to create a comprehensive solution to meet your clients’ needs. You will provide clients not only technical and implementation expertise, but also the vision and strategy that will guide them as they work through technology deployments.
Although you may work with a wide range of technology, our primary platform is Salesforce. In the role of Senior Technical Architect, you must be an expert in designing, building and deploying complex solutions using Salesforce’s declarative tools, Apex, and common communication protocols like REST and SOAP.
Responsibilities of a Senior Technical Architect
We will expect you to demonstrate mastery of the skills and activities necessary to:
- Gather functional and business process requirements from internal and external resources, and translate them into viable technical solutions on the Salesforce platform
- Create technical solutions based on client requirements, knowledge of best practices, and a creative use of available resources
- Oversee and participate in the development of technical solutions from the initial requirements gathering phase through go-live and the beginning of post go-live support
- Oversee the in-project work of a team of Salesforce developers, serving as an advisor, escalation point and advanced resource on technically challenging programming sprints, including Salesforce development using Apex, visualforce, REST and SOAP
- Work with leadership to articulate a vision for their use of technology, and realize a technical strategy
- Present and explain solutions to clients in written documents, face-to-face, and/or using video conferencing
- Manage internal and client-facing testing sessions, and the issues resolution process
- Contribute to the Craftsman knowledge base by documenting successful solutions and lessons learned
- Contribute to the Craftsman project methodology
Required Qualifications for This Position
- Salesforce Platform Developer I certification
- Five-plus years of Salesforce experience, including declarative programming as well as Apex
- Five-plus years of technology product deployment experience
- Five-plus years of relevant nonprofit experience
- Technology project management experience
- Availability to travel up to 25%
- Bachelors (4-year) degree
- Boston Metro area
- Salesforce Advanced Administrator, Platform Developer II, or Architect certifications
- CAPM or PMP credential
- Graduate degree in relevant field
- Salaried, full-time position
- Healthcare insurance and 401(k) benefits
- CTG’s commitment to professional development and advancement
- Work culture aiming toward work/life balance
Level of Language Proficiency
English (1st language or comparable)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit your application, along with resume and cover letter, to the URL above.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship. Visa sponsorships are not available.
- This position is located in downtown Boston; local candidates only, please. Telecommuting applicants will not be considered and relocation assistance in not available.
- Direct applicants only; no recruiters, thanks.