Fascinated with the meteoric advances in mHealth and telehealth? Looking to make a meaningful difference working with a purpose-driven, fully distributed team? Planned Parenthood Direct is seeking an innovative Customer Support Specialist to join us in our mission to grow our revolutionary mHealth platform.
The Customer Support Specialist is focused on supporting Planned Parenthood Direct, our flagship branded mHealth application, connecting people to essential health and wellness services delivered by Planned Parenthood. Our ideal candidate should be tech-savvy, a natural problem solver and dedicated to our mission. To learn more about the flagship product you would be supporting visit plannedparenthoodirect.org.
$44,000-$50,000 Annually based on experience
Customer Support Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day customer support by monitoring and responding to help desk tickets within defined response times and service standards
- Must approach each customer interaction with the openness and acceptance that is in alignment with Planned Parenthood's mission and service standards.
- Manage incoming calls from customers pertaining to product questions, technical issues and general concerns; assess customers needs; and ensure appropriate resolution to achieve satisfaction
- Track and analyze qualitative and quantitative feedback from customer surveys and product metrics
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and establish a positive rapport with customers
- Answer general questions about the telehealth services and provide appropriate referrals to other Planned Parenthood resources
- Follow HIPAA-compliant processes for communication with customers
Technical Support Responsibilities
- Account Management
- Create user accounts and permissions according to defined protocols
- Guide users in account recovery in a HIPAA-compliant, secure manner
- Tier 1 & 2 troubleshooting
- Refer to the appropriate knowledge base to identify a customer’s technical issue and provide tips on how to resolve or manage the problem.
- Properly gather and document the information necessary for technical troubleshooting
- Follow the appropriate path for escalating product issues to the engineering team for further investigation. Document details to ensure engineers have the most complete and accurate information for the investigation.
- Create and follow up on Jira tickets when further evaluation is needed
- Collaborate closely with the product development and engineering team
- Provide customer perspectives and pain points to help guide product enhancements
- Participate in business testing prior to releases of new features and bug fixes
Skills for Success
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years in customer support at a startup technology company that included day-to-day front-line responsibilities and tracking of metrics/performance standards
- Willingness to work evening and weekend hours as part of the customer support team coverage
- Proficient in Atlassian tools (including but not limited to Confluence, Jira, and Jira ServiceDesk) and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
Pluses that will make you stand out as a candidate:
- A deep understanding and appreciation for Planned Parenthood's mission
- Experience developing and reviewing business test plans for new software product features and bug fixes
- Experience in healthcare and knowledge of privacy-compliant communication principles
- Experience providing customer support for Spanish-speaking consumers
No Recruiters. Must have US work authorization