Details: $16.25 to start
2400 Kettner Blvd, Studio 238
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the CEO the Program & Event Assistant will play a key role in the development of programs and events for Enoki Events and our clients as well as playing a key role in event administration. This position requires flexibility, problem solving, attention to detail and high quality work.
The Program & Event Assistant job responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
· Assist with the planning, preparation, and execution of all company events (pre, on-site and post events)
Program & Event Planning (pre, during and post event)- Speaker & Workshop Coordination
· Conference Presenters: Provide research, outreach, and coordination of RFP process for speakers including on-going communication with presenters for workshops
· Provide admin support for Leadership sub-committees on Town Hall meetings, Master Classes, and panel sessions.
· Workshop Strand Sponsors: Coordinate and correspond with organizations sponsoring a workshop strand to ensure collection of workshop information, logistics and set-up needs
· Pre-Conference Academy: Correspond with Pre-Conference Academy presenters to ensure retrieval of workshop information, set-up needs, and registered participant numbers
· Act as point of contact for all ICW (In Conjunction With) meetings
· On-going communication with key stakeholders and VIP clientele
On-site Conference Implementation
· Conference Presenters: Provide on-site management of presenters at BOOST events and collection of presenter materials to post on website
· Conference VIPs: Greet and provide exceptional customer service to all VIPs in attendance
· Conference Presenters: Summarize all workshop evaluations
· Create event reports noting attendance, times, and identify significant areas of needed improvement
· Submit acknowledgement letters to all special event guests, sponsors and donors
· Collaborate with Communication Coordinator to ensure implementation of social media related to job duties
· Facilitate partnership and event calendar outreach to our stakeholders
- Date entry for all departments, projects in database, and email listserves
· Support Exhibit Account Manager in closing raffle coordination
- Support exhibit account Manager in collecting of necessary items related to the conference (logos, COI)
- Support Program Coordinator in merchant outreach and raffle collection
- Coordinate BLT Basket donations
- Assist with organization the packing of conference, training, and event materials/supplies
· Develop relationship with key stakeholders in the out-of-school time field to enhance business opportunities and growth of company.
· Provide exceptional customer service to all clients and stakeholders
· Be an eager and active participant in company culture and role model amongst team members
Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree with a preference in Events, Marketing, Liberal Studies, Communications and/or 2+ years in similar work capacity.
· Some sales or marketing background a plus.
· Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
· Experience in high-level client relations and customer service.
· Self-starter with a positive “can do” attitude, extraordinary communication and customer service skills; project management skills.
· Ability to work independently and contribute to overall success of team while continuing to grow and gain expertise from senior staff.
· Experience and passion for inspiring and creating change in educational and social service agencies serving youth.
· Ability to interact with and build relationships with fellow team members, a diverse global clientele, and the public.
· Ability to handle confidential information with professionalism.
· Strong organizational and project management skills, a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, and thrives on managing multiple tasks.
· Must be able to attend and work at the annual BOOST Conference.
· Valid California Driver’s License, access to the use of a reliable automobile on a daily basis, and automobile insurance
· Be a U.S. Citizen, non-citizen national, or foreign national possessing a visa permitting permanent residence in the U.S. (Alien Registration or “Green Card”). Student visas and temporary work visas do not qualify.
· Current Live Scan fingerprint clearance.
· Attendance and participation in company events is required and may include working nights, weekends and travel during certain times of the year.
· High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint); Google platform; ability to learn new software as needed
· Frequent repetitive hand use and simple grasping, e.g., desk and computer functions
· Ability to sit for prolonged periods
· Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
· Ability to ascend/descend stairs
It is the continuing policy of BOOST Collaborative to afford equal opportunities for all qualified persons, regardless of their race, creed, color, age, sex, gender (including gender identity & expression), sexual orientation, national origin, religion, disability, medical condition, marital status, or veteran status. No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination in any program, activity or facility of the agency on the basis of these factors.
12 PTO days/year, 13 paid Holidays/year, on-going paid training, no medical benefits. Additional perks available.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants: Please send your qualified resume and cover letter with "Program & Event Assistant" in the subject line to email@example.com. Please include a 500-word description in your correspondence letting us know why you want to work with Enoki Events.
This position is open until filled.
Please note: Due to the anticipated high volume of applicants for this position we are unable to respond to individual inquiries and submissions. We will be in direct contact with candidates who are invited to our initial round of interviews. Final applicants will be tested on competency requirements related to the position including but not limited to computer hardware/software knowledge and be asked to provide a writing sample.