Full Time Temporary
Details: This is a full-time, temporary position through Election Day 2018 based in our Berkeley office with a competitive salary.
Pivot, a leading political communications firm that works with Democratic and progressive groups and specializes in direct mail is seeking an Account Executive to join our Client Services team for the 2018 election cycle in our Berkeley office. Ideal candidates have strong interests in campaigns and progressive politics.
Under the supervision of one or more Partner(s) or Vice President(s), the Account Executive (AE) manages the day-to-day implementation of direct mail and Internet programs of multiple clients. An Account Executive is expected to demonstrate strong client management skills and attention to detail in managing the internal process of the Pivot Group. The activities commonly handled by the AE are writing first draft plans and memos, creating sources of new business, monitoring the creative and the production process and ensuring that projects are on time and on budget.
The Account Executive position generally requires at least two years previous managerial experience on a political campaign, with an advocacy organization or similar experience; or 2+ years experience as an Account Manager.
· Day-to-day management of accounts, responding promptly to client needs and following internal processes at all times.
· Ability to understand the principles of direct mail strategy and Internet strategy in a political campaign.
· Ability to develop competent first draft strategic direct mail plans and creative briefs.
· Ability to display a good understanding of non-statistical targeting; can read a poll and develop a thoughtful targeting plan.
· Work with the firm’s creative and writing team to develop concepts and copy, and can negotiate copy with client to achieve the goals of the plan.
· Ability to understand direct mail production and work with production staff and clients to meet deadlines and produce error-free work.
· Ability to understand the basic principles of art design and ability to work with the art director and graphic artists to improve the look of his/her client’s pieces.
· Ability to manage one or more junior staff (AM and/or AA) to organize work, check details, and meet client needs.
· Ability to be a source of new business and can, with supervision, organize and direct the client recruitment effort.
· Writes, researches, and prepares complete proposals for prospective clients with the supervision of a Vice President or partner.
· Ability to be a good team player who works well with other staff.
· Ability to take initiative, maintain high standards, and make suggestions to improve our work and our company.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary history to CAPivotjobs@thepivot.com with “California Account Executive” in the subject line. No calls, please.
Pivot is an equal opportunity employer.