1341 G St NW, 5th flr
The Raben Group is a public policy and strategic communications firm. We were founded with a lofty goal and an audacious spirit: to make this nation greater and to move public policy in a sensible, humane direction. No other national firm is comprised of majority people of color and LGBTQ individuals, giving us a unique perspective, and a keen urgency, on the pressing issues of our time.
Our talented team brings deep roots in the landscapes of legislation, advocacy, issue campaigns, and organizational transformation. We connect dots, solve problems, and help each of our clients arrive at their own definition of success.
And we always keep our sense of humor.
We seek a Senior Staff Associate in our Washington, DC office to contribute to strong execution of the range of earned media, and digital/social media strategies we develop and implement on behalf of our clients. Senior Associates have the contextual knowledge and tactical skills to produce client-ready work products and contribute to strategy and/or tactical plan development, often serving as tactical leads. They also serve as internal coordinators/project managers for client engagement, ensuring tight logistical coordination of their client teams.
Our successful candidate will have a high degree of initiative, personal resilience, attention to detail, intellectual engagement in the subject-matter at hand, and a concierge-like approach to client services.
- Media Relations: Create and maintain press lists; draft press releases, advisories, op-eds, and related collateral; engage in creative pitching to national and local outlets; monitor and track beats/areas of interest; and actively cultivate reporter relationships.
- Project Management: Coordinate scheduling and logistics of client and stakeholder meetings, respond to inquiries and requests, track team timelines and deliverables.
- Digital Media: contribute to client digital media strategy development; create and post social media content and website updates; track and analyze digital analytics, make recommendations for tactical and/or strategic changes.
- Event Management: Assist in the planning, coordination, and staffing of a range of meetings, convenings, conference calls, panels, lobby days, etc., including venue logistics, registrations, marketing and outreach, attendee and speaker communications, on-site support, vendor management, etc.
- Strategic Communications: Support messaging audits and environmental scans; contribute to the development of communications plans, messaging documents, talking points, and related collateral.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years experience in media relations; prior experience in political communications preferred; professional social media experience, to include content creation and analytics, preferred.
- Strong oral and written communications skills, with the ability to produce clear, compelling, client-ready written deliverables.
- Creative and analytical thinking skills.
- Proven project management skills across multiple assignments with many moving parts.
The Raben Group finds it quite natural to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, living the values of diversity, equity, inclusiveness and justice in everything we do.
Please visit our careers page to learn more: https://rabengroup.com/careers/.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your resume, and cover letter if available, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No candidate calls please, and no agencies/recruiters..