406 North Sangamon Street
9 organizers wanted - read below!
Do you believe school boards should reflect the communities they serve? Do you believe high schools should prepare students for the jobs of the future? Do you believe that communities have the power to change their locals schools?
A forward-thinking, national education non-profit is leading a campaign in key cities to get more people involved and advocating for change at their local school boards. They believe school board involvement is a critical way for communities to claim their stake in the educational systems that serve the next generation.
We seek experienced field organizers in targeted cities who will lead our efforts on the ground. Organizers will develop relationships with partner organizations, build a team of community members who are regularly engaging their local school boards, and plan events to build to community in targeted cities.
Organizers will report directly to the Organizing Director and will be based in one of the following cities: Los Angeles, San Diego, Seattle, Tacoma, Colorado Springs, Denver, Chicago, Nashville, and Memphis. Positions will be filled on a rolling basis, and we are looking to fill positions immediately. This role will require evening and weekend hours.
- Recruiting, developing, and training a team of local community leaders that represent their community
- Building and tracking relationships with community members and community leaders
- Supporting relationship-building and coordinating with local partner organizations and community allies
- Reporting on daily and weekly goals to organizing manager
- Maintaining the highest regard for data integrity
- Working collaboratively with staff across the country to share lessons learned and adjust strategy
- 3-4 years community organizing or campaign experience
- Highly organized and able to work at a fast pace
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience managing volunteers and strong interpersonal skills
- Eagerness to contribute new ideas
- Fluency in an additional locally relevant language is a plus (but not required)
- Will be responsible for safely and quickly getting to and from the office, meetings, events, and other area organizing activities
- Need to have personal laptop and cell phone
- Personal experience with community development, education, and other local advocacy issues preferred
The salary range for this position is $50-55K based on experience.
This job description provides a general, but not comprehensive, list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required. It does not represent a contract of employment. 270 Strategies reserves the right to change the job description and/or posting at any time without advance notice.
270 Strategies is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. 270 Strategies encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, and record of arrest or conviction.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
APPLY HERE: https://jobs.lever.co/270strategies/0db4bd61-317e-44d6-8852-1cfacbb81c24
Please provide your preferred location to work in your cover letter.