Details: Very competitive with recognition of experience/education level.
1800 Diagonal Road
Would you like to work with an organization deeply involved in the core issues of national education policy? Are you energetic, organized, efficient, and able to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously? Are you eager, curious, and able to adapt to changing circumstances and duties with flexibility and willingness? Can you keep pace in a demanding work environment? If so, you are a candidate to be the next member of our high performing staff. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in advancing his or her career in an organization dedicated to supporting education agencies and institutions through research, policy analysis, and technical assistance projects.
edCount, LLC is a woman-owned small business with multiple long-term contracts serving federal and state governments, universities, research centers, and non-profits. Primary topics of interest at edCount are: education standards, curriculum, assessment, and accountability systems; education of students with special needs and English learners; the interpretation and implementation of federal and state K-12 education policy; and providing research and technical assistance that will help educators and policymakers to better serve all students.
We are presently seeking individuals with a background in project management who think and organize work processes and products systematically and analytically, communicate clearly and convincingly, to provide support to a variety of large-scale projects focused on assessment development and standards, curriculum, and accountability.
For this associate-level position, we require a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Education, or other equivalent area or experience, as well as a minimum of 2 years’ experience in managing projects, 3 years as an active member of a project or cross-functional team with proven ability to contribute to the success of the team. We require proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Power Point as well as experience with collaboration and project management software such as Skype for Business, Box, SmartSheet, Adobe Connect, and Nitro PDF.
Additional experience working with assessments and assessment results with students, colleagues, teachers, parents, or other stakeholders will be looked upon very favorably. Strong communication, presentation, and project-management and time-management skills are essential to the role.
edCount’s staff, located throughout the U.S., are constantly connected through collaboration software such as Skype for Business, Box, SmartSheet, and Adobe Connect, Nitro PDF. The selected candidate will work in our Washington, D.C. office or, if exceptionally well qualified, telecommute from a home office beyond the greater Washington, D.C. area.
At edCount, associates are the first level of advancement beyond the entry level role of research assistant. Associates typically have fewer administrative support duties, more in-depth work, more leadership opportunities, and more client interaction than assistants. Associates will begin to direct project tasks, and are expected to complete project management, research, technical, or administrative tasks assigned by others with little supervision. They may also assign and manage assistants in addition to managing their own work; thus, associates are expected to demonstrate leadership and management skills that help to support and build critical thinking skills in others.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Supporting project directors and senior staff in the design and execution of project deliverables;
- Maintaining professional and effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, partners, and clients, including regular communication with to provide updates on relevant tasks or respond to requests for information;
- Preparing materials for, facilitating, or presenting at internal, client, or partner meetings;
- Performing assigned share of the workload when working in a team and seek additional opportunities to contribute to project activities;
- Consistently completing assignments on deadline, with minimal error, and in compliance with edCount's technical quality standards;
- Conducting telephone interviews, site interviews, focus groups or other participant-driven data collection activities;
- Conducting or contributing to literature reviews;
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative analyses of research data;
- Drafting and revising project reports to clients;
- Initiating and maintaining systems and documentation for tracking project tasks and activities, workflows, deadlines, resources, and communications;
- Managing tasks and workflows within projects to clarify priority status, deadlines, task procedures, instructions, or goals associated with particular tasks to ensure that final products meet expectations, and based on instruction or guidance from project leaders; and
- Identifying time or quality control issues promptly and implement solutions, seeking guidance and/or involving project leaders as appropriate to facilitate work progress and completion.
We seek flexible, resourceful, intelligent, detail-oriented, hard-working individuals who are capable of excelling in an intellectually stimulating and often intense work environment. Candidates should have strong communication, time-management, and organizational skills, meet deadlines and deliverables in a timely fashion, and be capable of handling multiple, diverse tasks simultaneously. Experience in a project management role is highly desired and strong writing skills are a must, as is facility with Windows-based MS software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and project management software.
Benefits: Very generous – allowance for health care costs, 20 days paid time off, 10 holidays, annual 401 (k) contribution after 6 months vesting.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
In a single package, send a resume, cover letter that not only explains why edCount might be a good fit for you but also serves as an excellent sample of your writing capabilities, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Associate – Project Manager” in the subject line. Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis until the successful candidates are selected, so please apply as soon as possible.
edCount is an equal opportunity employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job. Apply as directed. Email questions may receive a response depending upon what they reveal about the applicant. Please do not contact job poster about other services, products, or commercial interests.