Passionate about building simple, user-friendly software? Got experience designing data rich applications? Want to do something about climate change before it’s too late? We’re looking for a Product UX Designer to join the LevelTen team as we push into the next phase of our growth!
As Product Designer, you’ll contribute to the design of LevelTen’s suite of products, which includes our renewable energy marketplace, RFP automation tool, and performance monitoring applications. We’re deepening our support for energy buyers and pushing into new markets, and we need your help taking the user experience to level TEN! Sorry, couldn’t resist ;)
You’ll collaborate with a friendly, cross-functional team on every aspect of the product development process, from customer discovery to designing software for the next great energy innovation. You’ll need to use your full range of product, interaction, and visual design skills to turn complex requirements into simple solutions that help our customers buy and sell massive amounts of renewable energy.
Sound like a fit? We’d love to hear from you!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with product, engineering, and analytics to identify requirements, use cases, and user journeys for LevelTen’s software products
- Synthesize data gathered from research, testing, analytics, and market analysis to make informed decisions and create user-centric designs
- Illustrate and communicate complex design solutions by creating user flows, wireframes, and high-fidelity prototypes
- Collaborate and iterate with UI designer and product managers to create solutions that optimate for user experience while integrating with LevelTen’s design system and branding
- Collaborate with engineering throughout the development life-cycle
- Develop and maintain detailed design documentation including specifications, assets, and style guides
- Use a variety of metrics to analyze and continuously improve the user experience
- Regularly present your work to senior leaders for review and feedback
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years of experience as a Product UX Designer
- Working knowledge of UX research methodologies with an ability to help lead user research / usability sessions, apply appropriate techniques, and synthesize results
- Experience designing data visualizations and/or data-centric applications
- Expertise with UI and prototyping tools including Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, InVision, Principle, Framer, etc.
- A solid understanding of development processes and how your designs translate to code
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and Sass style sheets
- Familiarity with Agile product development processes
- Experience creating / maintaining design systems is a plus
- Portfolio review required
Benefits / Perks
- Full Medical, Vision and Dental coverage
- 11 paid company holidays
- Flexible vacation policy
- Awesome location in Fremont, outside of the downtown Seattle chaos, with a deck overlooking Lake Union
- Casual dress code
- Onsite bike lockers/storage, gym and showers
- Standing desk options
- Monthly company-sponsored happy hours
- Dog-friendly office