We seek a highly motivated, experienced team player with a sense of humor to join our busy team as an Accountant. The Accountant’s primary responsibility will be to “do all the number things” -- record financial data, maintain financial records accurately, administer invoices and processes across multiple departments, and prepare financial reports to track our assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities. *must be local to Saugerties, New York area*
- Records numerical and financial data to produce financial records.
- Ensures financial data is entered correctly and accurately.
- Enters journal entries to debit and credit the company’s accounts.
- Generates accounting and audit reports for cash receipts, accounts payable and receivable, expenditures, and profits and losses.
- Reconciles and reports differences or issues found in financial records.
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties
- Prepares periodic (monthly) balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconciles customer accounts and manages accounts receivable collections.
- Verifies payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- As appropriate, coordinates with software vendor to maintain accounting software system; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Highly proficient with accounting software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently under general direction
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously with a sense of urgency
- Strong computer skills with a willingness and ability to explore and adapt to new tools
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to adapt well to shifts in priority
- Must be able to work flexible hours, as some evenings and weekends may be needed
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline preferred
- Three to five years of accounting experience required
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.