The Consultant provides strategic human resources thought partnership and operational support as the primary point of contact or member of a larger team to the firm’s retained and project-based HR consulting clients both onsite and in a remote environment. Working closely with the Team Leader and colleagues, the Consultant provides proactive and high-quality human resources support in a client service environment leveraging proven best practices to organizations seeking relevant, strategic, creative and innovative HR solutions that align with their organization and business needs. The consultant leads in the development, execution and monitoring of human resources goals, objectives, and systems on behalf of clients. Successful consultants are able to operate strategically, operationally and at times administratively. This role will provide guidance and mentorship to HR Associates/Assistants and may oversee support staff on a client engagement.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all aspects of the HR consulting relationship with multiple ongoing retainer and short-term project clients.
- Develop and implement comprehensive and impactful HR priority plans to ensure client HR needs are met in a proactive, deadline driven and professional manner.
- Serve as the trusted thought partner and main point of contact for portfolio client engagements to ensure delivery of compliant and best practice human capital programs, initiatives and operations.
- Provide expertise and guidance across the HR lifecycle including but not limited to; talent acquisition, onboarding, benefits programs and administration, HR policy and procedure, HR technology, systems and processes, employee relations, culture and engagement, talent management, training and development and offboarding.
- Prepare and deliver succinct, clear, insightful and influential client presentations and communications.
- Conduct periodic audits to ensure client compliance with federal, state and local law as well as adherence to best practices; maintain records and reports in accordance with applicable laws.
- Participate in client HR and leadership meetings to ensure integrated HR best practices with organizational goals and culture.
- Keep abreast of HR best practices; integrate learnings into client engagements and collaborate and share meaningful data with colleagues.
- Seek out new business opportunities and refer potential engagements in alignment with firm growth goals.
- Actively participate in consulting and staff meetings, goal and working groups for the betterment of the consulting practice and firm.
- Mentor, provide guidance and potentially supervise junior/support staff to ensure the highest levels of client engagement and HR service delivery.
· Ensure the development and training of emerging and mid-career professionals to enable meaningful job satisfaction, career mobility and professional fulfillment.
- Actively listen to gain understanding of clients’ changing business and operational needs in order identify opportunities to deepen the client engagement.
- Collaborate with Team Leaders and/or Practice Leaders to upsell and cross-sell client service solutions to ensure achievement of existing client objectives and firm revenue goals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Emerging career practitioner no less than six years of HR lifecycle experience including operational leadership as a sole practitioner, in a team environment or a professional services firm (akin to an internal HR Manager/Director)
· HR certification preferred or achieved within first year of employment
- Demonstrated expertise in principles and practices of human resources management
- Self-starter with the proven ability to make decisions with limited information in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Exceptional organizational skills and acute attention for detail
- Experience developing relationships, influencing, and collaborating with leaders and employees
- Effective project management skills with the ability to deftly manage multiple assignments and priorities
- Entrepreneurial and results-driven achiever with the ability to build trusting client relationships
- Demonstrated technical acumen and understanding of HCMS
- Ability to create impactful client-facing communications and presentations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with demonstrated experience speaking and writing clearly and convincingly
- Ability to adapt best class human capital recommendations to be persuasive to different audiences in a professional and unbiased manner
- Flexibility to adjust work and communication style based on situational need
- Aptitude for critical thinking and to evaluate ideas and synthesize information into insights
- Ability to travel occasionally
This position is largely sedentary in nature however one must possess the ability to speak, hear, and write as well as the ability to use a computer and related software programs, and lift up to 20 lbs. Ongoing local and/or national travel periodically required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.