On Monday 9/9, at 9:00pm local time, people around the world will gather to light a candle for love, freedom, and dignity. To join a gathering near you, or add your own, please click on the Welcome! button on the map and take it from there. If this is your first time on one of these maps, please see the more detailed instructions below. Thank you!
To join a gathering near you, or add your own, please:
- Click on the Welcome! button on the map, and enter your city or town in the first screen that comes up.
- Zoom in to your desired spot and click on the map.
- Approve your pin location and say where you will be on 9/9, and what'd you like to do that day.
- You will then be asked to sign up or login. This will allow you to edit or change your information at any time. Please do this, otherwise your pin won't stay on the map.
- After logging in, you can choose to add some more information about yourself, or you can remain anonymous if you prefer.
- Lastly, you can choose to turn your individual pin into a more detailed event, or leave it as is.
You will know you succeeded when you see a red pin pop up on the map.
Please note: if you have any problems using the map, you can also post your event directly by starting here. It will also end up on the map as soon as it's reviewed by our staff.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com