Applications Open for the Inaugural DC Symposium on the New Frontiers of Peacebuilding!
- Event posted by International Peace and Security Institute
District of Columbia
This summer, IPSI and American University’s School of International Service (SIS) are cooperating on a very special program: the inaugural DC Symposium on the New Frontiers of Peacebuilding, which will be held from July 14th – August 4th, 2018.
The occurrence and intensity of existing threats to peace urge us to look for creative answers to face those challenges. The 2018 DC Symposium will expose its participants to the fundamental concepts and practices of conflict management, while linking them to the newest approaches to peace and peacebuilding. Students will go deeply into practical concepts and programming priorities in the following areas:
· Conflict Prevention: Deliver a thorough understanding of preventative diplomacy and its implementation, the role of multilateral institutions, prevention as more effective option for conflict management despite its lack of recognition.
· Conflict Resolution: Train on crucial practical skills and concepts such as mediation, facilitation, and negotiation.
· Reconciliation: Identify the limitations of reconciliation in post-conflict contexts and generate reflections on how to overcome such challenges.
· New Frontiers topics: Conflict cuisine, neuroscience and reconciliation, Countering Violent Extremism, the role of business in peacebuilding, and many others!
For more information you can visit: http://bit.ly/IPSIDC2018
To apply please visit: https://ipsinstitute.regfox.com/dc-symposium
For any questions, please write to: email@example.com
To apply, please visit https://ipsinstitute.regfox.com/dc-symposium