ADOPT ATREE SPONSOR A CHILD FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN!!!!!
- Event posted by Jambo Africa Tourism Organization Network
$650 Per Month to enable you to stay comfortably at the Bamboo vilage home stay. cover for your accommodation,program fee,food,adminstration cost and transport.
Planting trees are a wonderful way to commemorate special events, give a gift, and support a child from Bongomek Minority group from Bungoma County access education. Trees provide a host of benefits whether they are planted in your own back yard or across the globe. Trees can, like sponges, help sequester carbon and thereby reduce the impact of man-made CO2 emissions. Locally, trees provide habitat for wildlife, food for people and animals, and stabilize the soil. A gift of a tree lasts for generations.
Working in conjunction with JATONET KENYA partners, by providing the public with an opportunity to help with planting and maintenance of trees in Siboti area through an Adopt-a-Tree Certificate Program:Planting trees to contribute towards the reforestation of land adjacent to the habitat. The Siboti area has permission from the Forestry Department to plant trees on 100 hectares of degraded land next to Mt Elgon National Park as well as on buffer areas near villages next to the park through the adopt a tree sponsor a child campaign program.You can help JATONET Kenya support the tree planting activities being carried out by the Bongomek Cultural Club and the JATONET team. You can choose how many trees to plant and the recipient of the tree-planting certificate.
- $30 can plant 2 Bamboo tree each month
- $50 can help us manage sanitary and shopping for our girls
- $100 can help a child from Bongomek Minority group get education
- $ 650 will enable you to stay at the Bamboo Village home stay for 1 month which is to cover your accommodation,program fee,adminstration costs,transport and 3 meals a day.
- $1050 will enable us to buy 6 stems of maboo and 1 clean cook stove for women to prevent them from indoor pollution
We believe life is better with trees.
Our neighbourhoods feel better places to live and work in when they're green.
Our farmland and countryside can produce high-quality food and support wildlife when trees play a part in the landscape.
We all breathe easier when there are beautiful woods in which to relax and unwind.
And yet the KENYA needs more trees. We are one of the least wooded counties in KENYA and trees,bamboos and woods continue to disappear from our landscapes. This is why we plant trees on our land and support people, organisations and partners to help make trees part of their land.
There are many excellent reasons to plant trees, so deciding which benefits matter most will help you choose the right species and planting plan. What would you like to achieve?
Discover more about the benefits
- Climate change:-Climate change is a serious threat to forests, woods and trees.
- Water management:-Woods, trees and hedgerows can play a key role in water management whether reducing flood ...
- Agriculture:-With the balance between supply and demand shifting over the years due to increased consum...
- Bioenergy:-Demand for energy continues to increase.
- Health:-We believe everyone should have the chance to enjoy trees and woodland.
- Conservation and wildlife:-Native woodland is largely made up of broadleaf trees, and is one of the richest habitats in Bungoma County.
- Game management:-Many landowners generate income from their land by hosting sporting activities such as bird watching
- Landscape protection:-Trees are important landmarks in our landscape, not only visually but also environmentally Eco-friendly.
Who should attend
Translation / Interpretation
Sign language interpretation