$14.42 - $17.52 per hour, DOE
Hours per week
15-25 hours per week during the school year, with opportunities for full time hours over the summer.
400 Southwest 152nd Street
General Position Summary
The Management Intern will serve as a research and project manager on various economic development and/or community outreach efforts. The intern will also support efforts related to the implementation of the adopted Economic Development Goals and Actions. There is much work to do and the intern is encouraged to bring with them their own ideas and passion for community economic development.
This is a temporary, part-time position requiring 15-25 hours per week during the school year, with opportunities for full time hours over the summer. This position will expire September 1, 2019. Reasonable accommodation can be made to structure work hours in a manner which best fits the candidate's school schedule.
- Perform research and provide recommendations to the Economic Development staff on new policies or initiatives. Examples of research include commercial tenant protections, workforce development programs in other cities, and inclusive economic development practices.
- Communications media content management and support, including social media, the city magazine, and website.
- General support to various programs including but not limited to business retention and expansion, business attraction, regional economic development, and community engagement.
- Prepare reports on work programs and various city activities and functions.
- Additional duties as assigned.