Details: salary up to specified amount
633 Third Avenue
About the NYS Pre-Accelerator Program
About the NYS Accelerator Program
The NYS Bio-Accelerator Program is part of NY Governor Andrew M. Cuomo’s broader $620M initiative to spur the growth of a new, world-class NY life science (LS) cluster. The Program will provide LS start-ups with fixed-term, cohort-based, and customized programming that will culminate in a demo/pitch day. The Program will give LS startups what they need to get out of the lab and into the marketplace: entrepreneurial training, industry mentors and access to venture capital funding. Three LS incubators will have the opportunity to host the Bio-Accelerator Program upstate. Our Accelerator Partners, who are nationally acclaimed LS accelerators, will run the Program.
Basic Function: The Director will be responsible for overseeing the statewide Accelerator Program and will play an integral role in its implementation, execution and governance.
WORK PERFORMED: The Director’s responsibilities include:
Support Accelerator partners to implement and launch Accelerator Program. Specific duties include:
- Providing input into start-up sourcing, start up selection and educational programming
- Support marketing and outreach efforts of the Accelerator partners
- Facilitate the onboarding of NY regional incubators into the Program
- Attend key Accelerator programming events
- Manage potential conflict resolution among incubators and Accelerator partners
Ensure success of Accelerator Program against ESD’s intended goals. Specific duties include:
- Meet with Accelerator partners quarterly or as needed to ensure that they are on track to reach predetermined milestones
- Receive periodic reports from Accelerator Partners and track program metrics
- Provide updates to internal ESD team on Accelerator Program status and metrics
- With input from key stakeholders, help develop and implement a governance structure for the Accelerator Program
- Help develop an operations manual for the Accelerator Program
Help promote the Accelerator Program to key stakeholders in the NYS LS ecosystem including but not limited to: government entities, non-profit associations, investors, serial entrepreneurs, academic institutions, technology transfer offices and corporate companies
Assume a variety of internal ESD responsibilities to ensure success of the Program, such as writing briefing memos, preparing complex spreadsheets, reviewing and improving processes, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, and managing data and budget information
Education Level required:
Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree can be substituted for up to two (2) years’ relevant experience
Relevant experience required:
Minimum 5+ years’ of direct, extensive experience in Biotech, Biomedical Research or Life Sciences and one or more of the following fields: economic development, government, planning, public administration, or related business or not-for-profit area.
Experience with accelerators or start-ups a plus.
Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously, take initiative, and work independently;
Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills;
Familiarity with business, and governmental agencies and general knowledge of New York State’s geography and economies;
Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
Strong attention to detail and independent follow through skills; and
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word
ENHANCE COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please list job title in subject line