Quest Preparatory Academy is a K-8 public charter school in Las Vegas, Nevada. Quest is sponsored by the state of Nevada with a mission to “provide quality instruction and effective tools for learning for students in the Las Vegas Valley.” Founded in 2008, Quest serves approximately 550 students in grades K-8. In the 2018-19 school year, Quest is undertaking a rapid turnaround to improve outcomes for students and seeks talented educators who are driven to achieve results for students, have a demonstrated urgency to improve student outcomes, and have a “can-do” attitude with a passion and excitement for students.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The K-8 Math Interventionist is a master teacher of small group intervention instruction. The focus of the interventionist is to implement a student-centered system of intervention that effectively works to close the gaps in math. The goal of the interventionist is to support the RTI program and prevent students from being placed in other support services as well as support accelerated learners to ensure they are achieving and learning at the highest levels.
The Math Interventionist is a student and teacher facing role. The Math Interventionist works alongside teachers providing resources, instructional supports, and technical assistance so they can best support specific students.
Energetic, enthusiastic for math, and with deep content knowledge, the ideal candidate will be unequivocally determined to improve student achievement with a proven track record of raising student outcomes.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Provides and delivers focused math intervention instruction to students in grades K - 8th in small groups and one-on-one settings through push-in and pullout for the purpose of improving student outcomes and achievement;
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of scientifically based math instruction;
- Understands the purpose and specifics of core math programs and interventions;
- Serves as a content specialist to assist in the development and implementation of mathematics instruction;
- Understands and effectively uses direct, explicit, systematic math instruction that is aligned with scientifically based research;
- Understands and interprets assessment data, both formal and informal, to inform instructional decisions and flexible student grouping;
- Ensures that instructional decisions are based on analysis of student level data;
- Designs effective intervention lessons to deliver to students;
- Frequently monitors progress of students receiving intervention services in order to adjust instructional practice and student grouping;
- Communicates and collaborates with classroom teachers about alignment between classroom instruction and intervention;
- Collaborates with the Principal and Instructional Coaches as required to provide curriculum implementation guidance to teachers;
- Participates as member of the school data team;
- Establishes and maintains good rapport with students, employees, community members and vendors;
- Maintains a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality; and,
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
An ideal candidate possesses the following education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university with a focus on mathematics or math education. Advanced degree in education preferred;
- Nevada teaching certification in either Elementary, Middle School, or Secondary Mathematics;
- A minimum of three years of effective math instruction in K-12 setting with proven academic outcome results;
- Strong content knowledge in mathematics and Common Core math standards;
- Demonstrated results in improving student outcomes and achievement in mathematics;
- Demonstrated competencies in the areas of instructional strategies, classroom management, learning assessment and diagnostics and research related to student learning and pedagogy;
- Extensive knowledge in mathematics curriculum and support resources including technology-based activities that assist and facilitate student progress and web-based activities; and,
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, school personnel, and parents; and an ability to work cooperatively with others.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Click here to apply to the Math Interventionist position.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Quest is an equal opportunity employer. Quest does not knowingly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or national origin.