Senior Advisor for Strategic Planning
Senior Advisor to the Mayor
NYC Office of the Mayor
Job ID # 23807
The Senior Advisor for Strategic Planning (“Senior Advisor”) provides strategic guidance to the Mayor on a wide range of priorities and develops long-term planning for the Administration. The Senior Advisor ensures communications planning and coordination with executive agencies and oversees the communications offices in City Hall.
The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Serving as a member of the Mayor’s Senior Cabinet and overseeing special projects directly for the Mayor;
• Providing guidance to the Mayor on a wide range of priorities and developing long-term planning for the Administration;
• Ensuring communications planning and coordination, as well as advising the mayor on communications strategy and messaging for both City Hall and agency initiatives and priorities;
• Quantitatively and qualitatively assessing policy related initiatives on an ongoing basis and making recommendations and/or presentations and briefings to stakeholders and Mayoral officials, making sure to appropriately communicate pertinent and sensitive information;
• Representing the Mayor’s Office to develop and sustain positive relationships and networks, to gather information, opinions, and attitudes, to identify stakeholder needs, to provide interpretation and clarification, to develop response options, and to generate cooperation on policy initiatives;
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in communications;
• Experience managing large teams and coordinating across departments and agencies;
• Experience with issue advocacy campaigns;
• Experience leading a fast-paced team under tight deadlines;
• Bachelor degree, with a Master degree preferred.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter and three (3) references to https://a002-oom03.nyc.gov/IRM/EventRegistration/RegForm.aspx?eventGuid=4645fdd8-310d-4db6-884b-e64d4d17fefd&jobid=23807&pos=Senior%20Advisor%20for%20Strategic%20Planning
New York City Residency Is Required Within 90 Days Of Appointment
The City Of New York And The Office Of The Mayor Are Equal Opportunity Employers
Minimum Education Required