Cities for Action Program Manager
NYC Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs
Job ID: 22962
Cities for Action (C4A) is a coalition of over 175 U.S. mayors and county executives advocating for pro-immigrant federal policies and launching innovative, inclusive policies and programs at the local level. The coalition is staffed by the New York City Mayor's Office of Immigrant Affairs (MOIA). MOIA promotes the well-being of immigrant communities by recommending policies and programs that facilitate successful integration of immigrant New Yorkers into the civic, economic, and cultural life of the City.
The Cities for Action Program Manager is responsible for the coalition’s day-to-day operations. The Program Manager serves as the coalition’s main point of contact, working closely with C4A’s member cities and counties to facilitate the coalition’s advocacy and best practice sharing work. The Program Manager works closely with MOIA’s policy, communications and outreach teams.
The Program Manager’s responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
• Building relationships with coalition members across the country and recruiting new members
• Conceptualizing and overseeing transition to a steering committee model for the coalition, with shared leadership roles amongst core cities and engagement of cities across key networks
• Overseeing development of a coalition-wide, multi-issue strategic plan for the year
• Identifying opportunities for coalition advocacy, and developing and implementing national campaign plans that utilize the voices of mayors across the country
• Designing and executing regional and national coalition convenings
• Gathering information on local immigration advocacy and best practices across the country
• Drafting coalition emails, letters, and social media content
• Organizing and facilitating meetings and monthly coalition calls
• Managing the coalition’s website and social media accounts
• Developing messaging and social media toolkits for coalition members
• Developing resources to share municipal best practices on programs and policies that help immigrant communities
• Building and growing partnerships with national advocacy groups and community organizations on coalition priority issues
• Keeping meticulous records of coalition membership, activities, and priority issues
The preferred candidate will have:
• A bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of full-time work experience
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize and follow up on multiple tasks while meeting deadlines
• Strong interpersonal and writing skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to learn about complex issues quickly
• Demonstrated commitment to immigration and equity issues
The position requires occasional travel (no more than 2-3 times per year). Knowledge of city government is an asset but not required.
COMPENSATION: Salary commensurate with experience.
Submit cover letter, resume, and three references to https://a002-oom03.nyc.gov/IRM/EventRegistration/RegForm.aspx?eventGuid=4645fdd8-310d-4db6-884b-e64d4d17fefd&jobid=22962&pos=Cities%20for%20Action%20Program%20Manager
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact candidates invited to interview.
The City of New York and the Office of the Mayor Are Equal Opportunity Employers New York City Residency is Required within 90 Days of Appointment
Minimum Education Required