2121 Southwest 4th Avenue
Portland State University (PSU) is a thriving campus of 27,000 students in downtown Portland, easily accessible by bike and public transit and surrounded by many restaurants, food carts, parks, and local businesses. PSU is committed to offering opportunity to students from a variety of backgrounds, and prides itself on providing access for low-income and nontraditional students. Our motto to “let knowledge serve the city” reflects our dedication to finding innovative, sustainable solutions to local and global problems. Our location in the heart of one of America’s most dynamic cities gives our students unmatched access to career connections and an internationally acclaimed culture scene.
PSU’s Office of Information Technology (OIT) -- recently ranked one of the Best Places to Work in IT for a second year in a row -- empowers students, faculty, and staff through technology. Our number one value is our employees: we support a culture of inclusion, actively encourage a healthy work-life balance, and strive to support our employees professionally and personally. PSU offers an impressive tuition discount and we encourage our staff to take advantage of this, be it for pursuing a degree or personal interest. We are a department of dynamic, engaged, collaborative, and communicative people, and seek to attract more of the same. Read more about why we’re a great place to work at https://www.pdx.edu/oit/employment
This position exists within the Office of Information Solutions (IS), which provides the following services to PSU faculty, staff, and students:
- Technical development and support of PSU’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution: Ellucian Banner Student, Accounts Receivable, Finance, Human Resources, and Financial Aid
- Technical development and support of interfaces to PSU’s administrative systems such as the library, degree audit and housing
- Working with our campus partners to design and deliver innovative and efficient administrative applications.
In this position, you will design, analyze, develop, implement and/or maintain enhancements and interfaces to the University ERP solution, Banner. Your work supporting the ERP will contribute to the campus community’s efforts to support student success.
- Experience in application systems analysis and programming
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written, with both technical and non-technical staff
- Experience with programming languages
- Ability to work in fast-paced, production environment and to provide occasional evening and weekend support
- Ability to work with sensitive/confidential information and to handle such information as required by Federal, State, and OIT regulations/policies
- Experience with Python and Java programming languages
- Experience with Linux and Linux shell programming
- Experience with SQL and PL/SQL
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with Ellucian’s Banner ERP
- Experience in a university environment
Key Cultural Competencies
- Creates an environment that acknowledges, encourages and celebrates differences.
- Functions and communicates effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities and cultural backgrounds.
- Seeks opportunities to gain experience working and collaborating in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings with a willingness to change for continual improvement.
- Adheres to all PSU policies including the policies on Prohibited Discrimination & Harassment and the Professional Standards of Conduct.
The starting salary rate for this position will be between $19.08 and $31.23/hr with an excellent benefits package including 95% employer paid premiums (employees and eligible dependents) and significantly reduced tuition rates for employee and eligible dependents at any of the Oregon Public Universities. After completing six full months employees are eligible to choose between our two employer paid pension programs in addition to two voluntary retirement programs. Wellness options include access to the PSU rec center at a reduced rate and free wellness programs. For a comprehensive view of all PSU benefits, visit the PSU Total Compensation Calculator page (https://www.pdx.edu/hr/psu-total-compensation-calculator).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity for you, please read the qualifications in the full job announcement and apply by clicking the link above.
If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position or once you receive a position with Portland State University, please call 503-725-4926 or email email@example.com.