Details: annually plus excellent benefits
795 Massachusetts Avenue
The Associate Housing Planner will be a key member of the Community Development Department’s Housing Division inclusionary rental housing program team. As a member of the Housing Division’s thirteen-person team, the Associate Planner will work with rental applicants, tenants, other City staff, non-profit organizations, Cambridge Housing Authority, private housing developers and managers, lenders and other housing advocates and service providers. The Associate Housing Planner will manage tenant selection, leasing, and recertifications for the City’s rental housing program and conduct workshops to assist residents in need of housing assistance. The Associate Housing Planner will participate in outreach events to publicize the City’s housing programs.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage tenant selection for available rental units; work with property managers to coordinate applicant review, offering and leasing of affordable units to selected applicants;
- Coordinate and conduct workshops to educate residents on housing options in the city and counsel housing applicants for on available options;
- Work with housing applicants through all phases of the application process and review of eligibility requirements including income certification;
- Review annual recertifications of tenant eligibility for resident compliance with program requirements;
- Manage housing marketing and outreach efforts; work with Communications Manager to develop marketing and outreach materials for print, web, and social media; organize and conduct program information sessions and attend community events to publicize available housing assistance;
- Develop and maintain relationships with residents, property managers, lenders, and other agencies and service providers;
- Maintain and manage applicant information and preference groups in program management software;
- Compile, report, and analyze data on program utilization for program evaluation, management, and goal setting;
- Assist with other City housing programs and special projects as needed;
- Perform other duties as required.
The Associate Housing Planner should be a self-motivated, detail-oriented professional who is ready to work as part of a team to house residents in affordable homes, and to provide housing-related services and counseling to households in need of affordable housing.
- Experience with affordable housing programs, income and program eligibility review, application management;
- Commitment to working in a community that values diversity and experience working with diverse community groups
- Superior customer service skills, excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; strong computer skills including demonstrated proficiency with essential software (Word, Excel, Access)
- Ability to set priorities and to work independently and efficiently to manage individual responsibilities;
- Ability to work collaboratively and proactively as a team player to achieve team goals;
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities, tasks, and interactions in a fast-paced office environment while remaining attentive to accuracy of work;
- Ability to explain complex information on program requirements and processes to housing applicants and in public settings;
- Experience with program outreach and marketing including use of web and social media;
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least 4 years professional experience, preferably in housing program management or community outreach. Master’s in urban planning, housing policy, or related field and at least 2 years professional experience preferred.
- Experience with affordable housing management software (Emphasys);
- Experience with data aggregation and program analysis;
- Knowledge of the Cambridge community;
- Proficiency in Amharic, Haitian/Creole, Portuguese or Spanish.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit both your resume and letter of interest via email to: email@example.com or to Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Resumes and letters of interest requested by 09/18/18. Position will remain open until filled. We are an AA/EEO Employer.