Job ID: 17857
Location: College of Staten Island
Reporting to the Provost/Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Registrar is responsible for the integrity and security of student academic records; all administrative and operational activities associated with in-person and online registration; maintenance of student academic records; transcript evaluation; certification for graduation; class and examination schedules; budgetary, supervision, and personnel management related to the Registrar’s Office; institutional reports; providing relevant support to curriculum committees and managing the curriculum proposal process; acting as liaison to the CUNY Central Office and State Education Department regarding curricular proposals and changes; and working with the core team of CUNY’s Enterprise Resource Planning system (CUNYfirst) to develop strategies that address implementation, training, user documentation, and system testing.
As a member of the Division of Academic Affairs, the Registrar provides special focus for CUNY’s and CSI’s strategic plans as they relate to enrollment, retention, and graduation. A strong candidate will be progressive and have a passion for providing students an inviting, technologically advanced, supportive college experience consistent with CSI’s mission.
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' related experience required.
A preferred candidate will have:
- A Master’s degree
- Experience in implementing an ERP system and familiarity with ERP concepts
- Ability to establish user-friendly processes that emphasize service to all constituencies within the college community
- Demonstrated management skills showing a commitment to an open and collegial office environment that emphasizes teamwork, diversity, and inclusion
- Knowledge of policies and procedures within a university setting
- A working knowledge of governmental and accrediting regulations, including FERPA, Veterans’ Administration, and NCAA regulations
- Familiarity and comfort with changing technology
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytic and problem-solving skills
- At least three years of supervisory/management experience in a Registrar’s office
- Operational experience with CUNYfirst (PeopleSoft)
- A record of active professional engagement at the regional, state, and national levels
- Experience in fiscal affairs and in faculty and staff development
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
- Directs College registration operations and serves as Registrar.
- Provides leadership in advancing the College's enrollment goals and is responsible for all activities associated with the registration process
- Develops strategic plan to address student enrollment, registration activities, data collection and dissemination, records confidentiality and degree audit protocol; assures quality of testing and implementation of system updates
- Oversees a wide array of enrollment and retention initiatives and special projects; recommends and administers enhanced technology applications to improve processing systems and data integrity
- Assesses outcomes and formulates responses to meet established goals and objectives; presents performance results data to facilitate executive decision-making
- Ensures reporting requirements are completed in timely and accurate manner to fulfill various legal obligations; maintains audit trails
- Manages professional and clerical staff as well as department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please visit http://cuny.jobs/ and enter the Job ID# in the “What” section field. Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information) as one file.
April 7, 2018; Previous applicants need not reapply.
Minimum Education Required