Alley Pond Park
The Urban Park Rangers of the City of New York/Parks & Recreation seek athletic, outdoor recreation leaders and youth development outdoor educators to work as facilitators at an exciting challenge course facility in Queens. Facilitate high and low-ropes programs for a diverse community including youth, adults, and people with disabilities. Lead off-course programs focusing on team building, leadership, and group dynamics. Perform routine assembly, inspection and maintenance of challenge course.
1. High school graduation or equivalent and three years of experience in community work or community centered
activities in an area related to duties described above; or
2. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" above.
- Experience using ropes, harnesses, belay systems and carabiners.
- Comfortable working at heights.
- Experience coordinating and leading curricula-based youth and adult programs.
- B.A. preferred.
- Driver's License preferred.
- Ability to work weekends as needed.
- Experience in adventure education area related to the duties described above.
Residency in New York City, Nassau, Orange, Rockland, Suffolk, Putnam or Westchester counties required for employees with over two years of city service. New York City residency required for all other candidates.
Fees: Hired candidates will be subject to a processing fee of $61.00. Hired candidates who are not currently employed by the City will be subject to an $89.75 background check fee.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume and cover letter by mail, fax or email to: email@example.com
Urban Park Rangers
Attn: Adventure Course Facilitator
1234 Fifth Avenue – 5th floor
New York, NY 10029