Senior Programme Manager (SPM) – Central & Southern Africa
- Job posted by Westminster Foundation for Democracy
Details: Salary range and grade – C5 – £34,193 to £41,258 gross per annum
Location: Based in Victoria, London, UK
Contract type: Full time – Fixed term contract of service, until March 2019
WFD has been active in Africa and specifically Sub-Saharan Africa, since 2011 and we have well established programmes within a growing portfolio of projects, partners and field presences across the region.
Main Purpose of the Role
Under the guidance of the Regional Director (RD) Africa, this bilingual (French speaking) role will support effective programming, monitoring and evaluation, and business development across multiple programmes within the designated region of Central and Southern Africa.
The Senior Programme Manager will have operational responsibility for programmes and field teams in the Central and Southern Africa region. The postholder will oversee, backstop and support field terms in the implementation of programmes. The postholder will seek to build and maintain solid relationships at all levels, ensuring WFD is placed as a key organisation in providing democracy and governance support.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience
- Fluency or high competence (oral and written) in French required
- A degree in a relevant discipline such as political science, law, social development, public administration or international relations
- A sound understanding of parliamentary, political, civil society and electoral systems. Thorough knowledge of democracy assistance combined with an understanding of the challenges of democratic progress in African countries
- At least 2 years of experience in designing and implementing governance programmes. Specific experience in parliamentary, political party, civil society and/or elections support would be a considerable advantage
- Experience of producing high-quality programme reports for internal and external audiences which effectively documentation of results and programme learning
- Ability to act as WFD’s representative in the countries for which they are responsible, for example in leading programme development or assessment visits involving contact and negotiation with senior officials, politicians and representatives of international organisations and NGOs.
Please note, this statement is for information only and does not form part of a contract.
This is a UK based role, therefore the successful candidate must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For full details of the role criteria and instructions for how to apply for this position, please visit our website.
Please note: due to the volume of application we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.