Details: Salary is competitive and commensurate with prior experience in a similar role with potential for an annual performance-based bonus.
District of Columbia
ABOUT THE ROLE
The School Quality and Accountability (SQA) team is responsible for conducting high-stakes reviews of public charter schools resulting in thorough school evaluation reports. The SQA Specialist plays a lead role in collecting qualitative and quantitative evidence and producing reports. The ideal candidate has a legal and/or education background, the ability to write technically and analytically, and is comfortable sharing unwelcome news with school leaders and board members. The SQA Specialist reports to the Senior Manager, School Quality and Accountability.
Project manage the reporting process by evaluating public charter schools during the year of the review or renewal:
- Collect data and analyze quantitative evidence to measure a school’s success at meeting its charter goals;
- Compose pertinent sections of the review and renewal reports, and compiling and editing sections composed by others:
- Write clear, concise, and error-free reports;
Communicate effectively with public charter school leaders about DC PCSB’s oversight processes both orally and in written form;
Give candid feedback on the school’s performance to school leaders and DC PCSB leadership and not-for-profit Board of trustees;
Collaborate on Performance Management Framework policies, oversee renewal agreements, and edit final letters and amendments for legal issues;
Conduct or lead charter application reviews;
Provide supporting content and logistical support for board-to-board meetings;
Review and summarize quarterly school board meeting minutes.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Proven ability to hold difficult conversations with high level stakeholders;
- Resourcefulness and proven ability to make things happen;
- Critical and strategic thinking;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and lead by example;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel;
- Clear understanding and commitment to DC PCSB’s mission and vision;
- Advanced degree in law or education required;
- Law degree preferred but not required.
DC PCSB offers a comprehensive benefits plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “SQA Specialist” in the subject line.
No third-party or telephone inquiries please.