40 Broad Street, Suite 500
The MSBA’s Construction Administration Team manages MSBA capital pipeline projects from development of project scope and budget, cost estimating and project approval, through bidding, contract award, construction, commissioning and project close-out.
The Assistant Project Manager reports to a Senior Project Manager. The Assistant Project Manager assists senior project managers and project managers with day-to-day management of projects and will complete special projects as the need arises.
· Assist in monitoring project schedules, budgets and scope.
· Attend site visits of existing facilities or for MSBA projects during construction while assisting in monitoring project schedules, budgets and scope.
· Assist in preparing change order documentation for Senior Project Manager and perform preliminary review of other required submittals for funded capital projects for quality of work and guideline conformance.
· Take on specific initiatives assigned by the Senior Project Manager that improve MSBA processes and initiatives to support the overall needs of the Capital Planning department.
· Assist in project meetings in regard to project status, funding agreements, amendments, and change orders.
· Participate in weekly Construction Administration Team meetings and prepare meeting minutes and action items.
· Input project-specific data into the Project Management IT System for the Senior Project Manager or Project Managers as part of the regular monitoring of projects.
· Assist in review of reimbursement applications through final audit.
· Assist in analysis and compilation of documentary basis in the grant close-out process.
· May maintain concentration in specific area of MSBA process.
Other Responsibilities and Duties
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills (unless otherwise noted)
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
· One to three years professional experience. Qualified graduates entering the workforce directly from college will also be considered.
· Knowledge of construction project administration, compliance monitoring, claims processing.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks, involving complex and varying problems.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Ability and willingness to travel to project sites in Massachusetts.
· Excellent oral, written and analytical skills.
Minimum Education Required