Details: Commensurate with experience
811 Wilshire Blvd.
Classification Standards: Under the leadership of the Homeless Services Manager and as a part of the management team, the supervisor will assist with oversight of general day-to-day and staff operations. The HSS will ensure homeless individuals and families are provided opportunities to end their current homeless situation via staff outreach and connection to available L.A. City and County resources and assistance.
Essential Job Functions:
· Manage and coordinate all department functions related to staff and outreach performance.
· Assist the department director with developing, implementing and submitting reports and records per contractual requirements.
· Assist with development and coordination of the Countywide outreach network.
· Maintain professional relationships with City and County Departments and community groups.
· Represent the Department as lead staff for the training, implementation and participation in SPA level CES process, including participation in community meetings/events, and staff’s access and completion in the Vulnerability Index Service Prioritization Decision Assistance Tool (VI-SPDAT) in the HMIS Outreach Module.
· Assist department manager and director in coordinating weekly/monthly departmental meetings and staff trainings.
· Manage and coordinate staff schedules and reports on staff work performance.
· Manage program and client supplies and inventory.
· Assist with compiling, reviewing and submitting HMIS reports to the director on a monthly basis.
· Provide updates and special reports to the director upon request.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Minimum five years’ experience in social services, specifically working with homeless populations in a leadership role.
· A Bachelors’ degree preferred, however relevant social service work experience including supervising staff and special projects may be substituted.
· Candidate should possess knowledge of best practice models for assisting homeless people with varying degrees of needs/conditions and have a strong understanding of contractual requirements/compliance and applicable performance measures.
· Requires experience working with a wide range of homeless and social service providers, City and County Departments and Elected Officials and the ability to maintain those professional relationships.
· An appropriate candidate would have a clear understanding of the concepts of Housing First, Harm Reduction, Trauma Informed Care, and the Coordinated Entry System.
· Knowledge in hiring and training new staff, assigning staff projects and management of multiple projects. Experience supervising and coordinating homeless resources, crisis and other housing resources per contractual requirements.
· A valid California Drivers’ License, a good driving record, and familiarity with Los Angeles County freeway systems and geographic locations is necessary.
· Willingness to work flexible hours as required.
Desired Skills, Competencies and Requirements:
· Must be computer literate and have good communications skills.
· Must possess a clear understanding of the challenges of outreach and engagement and a commitment to field based work.
· Applicants should possess a positive attitude, and the ability to comfortably interact with diverse populations, be energetic and independent and have a strong desire to learn.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply mail, fax or email cover letter and resume to:
Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority
Attn: Keshia Douglas, Director of Administration
811 Wilshire Blvd., 6th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017