NYC DOE Division of Early Childhood Education - Intake Special Projects Consultant
52 Chambers Street
The Mayor and the Chancellor are committed to providing high-quality full-day Pre-K for all 4-year-olds and 3-K for All for 3 year olds in New York City. Research demonstrates that quality early childhood education contributes to student achievement and is associated with other long-term benefits. Every student in NYC deserves access to the variety of teaching approaches and strong foundation of skills and knowledge that high-quality early education provides.
The Division of Early Childhood Education (DECE) administers both Pre-K and 3-K programs for NYC students in public elementary schools, NYCDOE Pre-K Centers, and New York City Early Education Centers (NYEECs). DECE provides families access to high quality early childhood options that prepare their children for academic success and the skills to lead a successful life.
DECE Central Field Operations team currently has an opening for a Special Projects Consultant who will assist the Division of Early Childhood Education’s Intake Team. As described below, the role will be a mix of project management, data entry and analysis, and various special projects. This is a great role for a candidate looking to expand their knowledge of the education space and gain experience in central administration.
Hours: 35 hours per week
Specific responsibilities will include:
· Assist the Division of Early Childhood Education’s Intake Team with data entry, analysis, and reporting to ensure that health and safety, instructional, staffing, program administration, and family engagement issues at early childhood program sites are effectively and efficiently resolved
· Manage the development and implementation of data-informed program supports
· Provide expert guidance to field staff around incident reporting and resolution protocols
· Assist with incident resolution by communicating with DECE central and field staff, program staff, and families
Required Qualities and Skills
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following qualities and skills:
· Strong project management skills
· Ability to learn protocols and procedures quickly, and be responsive to feedback
· Ability to use multiple databases simultaneously
· Strong customer service orientation
· Attention to detail, extremely well-organized
· Ability to multitask, take initiative, comfortably switch gears, and prioritize workload
· Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with education and non-education personnel, both internal and external to the DOE
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
Education: Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master’s or other advanced degree is preferred
Term of Employment, Reporting Structure, and Pay Rate
The role is a 9-month consultancy, with the possibility of extension, starting ASAP. The pay rate for this role is $30-35 an hour and is eligible for sick leave benefits.
Minimum Education Required