Details: This is a non-exempt full-time position, dependent upon grant funding. The current program cycle is from June 2018 – December 31, 2019. The salary range is $69,308 - $96,893 with exact compensation to be determined by the Chief Executive Officer.
Customer Programs Specialist I
$69,308 - $96,893
Fixed Term Position June 2018 – December 31, 2019
Apply by 4pm, Friday, April 27
Current assignment requires bilingual English-Spanish ability
MCE is currently hiring a motivated individual to help implement a new pilot focusing on providing energy efficiency services to income qualified communities. The applicant should be mission driven and motivated to help improve quality of life for a diverse set of residents in the north and east Bay Area. This position will require creativity, attention to detail, and ideally knowledge of energy efficiency and / or experience working with low-income communities in the Bay Area. This is a grant funded fixed term position from June 2018 – December 2019. Continuation of the position beyond December 2019 is dependent upon additional grant funding. The position will be assigned to the MCE’s Concord office as its home base.
About the Position
Under supervision of a Customer Programs Manager and/or the Manager of Customer Programs Operations, the Customer Programs Specialist I supports the development, implementation and coordination of multiple energy efficiency and other integrated demand side management (IDSM) activities and/or supports the customer facing aspects of the energy efficiency and IDSM program for MCE. The Customer Programs Specialist I will support the Customer Programs Manager and will work alongside other program staff in implementation of programs tailored to energy demand reductions for residential and non-residential customers. The Customer Programs Specialist I may interface with other partner agencies and stakeholder groups, coordinate activities of sub-contractors, and interact with a wide range of customers groups, and perform other related tasks as assigned.
Depending upon the assignment, the position requires knowledge of marketing and outreach, energy efficiency technologies, data collection and management, and integrated demand side management. It requires the ability to support multiple projects on tight deadlines and to use metrics to validate impacts. The ability to read, write and speak fluently and translate documents in English and Spanish is required for the outreach assignments. Experience with California ratepayer funded energy efficiency programs is preferred, and experience with marketing, outreach, and databases is desirable.
Essential Functions (Illustrative Only)
• Support and coordinate outreach strategies as well as the direct install program.
• Oversee direct installation sub-contractor to track successful program delivery and identify areas for improvement.
• Conduct individual resident income verification.
• Coordinate direct install program and oversee on the ground energy efficiency improvement work.
• Assist with individual resident income verification.
• Develop and implement an outreach plan that targets property owners of market rate and low-income buildings.
• Research potential partnerships with affordable housing developers, local government agencies, and community-based organizations.
• Facilitate meetings and workshops with neighborhood associations, and community groups.
• Work with the Public Affairs team to develop marketing collateral for Customer Programs.
• Assist Staff, Technical Team and MCE Board with implementation of MCE’s Customer Programs.
• Support Customer Programs Program Managers in developing proposals for grant funding and other program revenue opportunities.
• Interface with building owners, managers, and professional organizations on MCE’s behalf.
• Design and maintain databases for customer and program tracking.
• Perform coordination and outreach for resource conservation projects.
• Assist with data collection and reporting for MCE’s customer programs.
• Assist in data collection and metric development to track program success.
• Track program budgets, including expense reports, and assist Customer Programs Program Managers in compiling this information when requested.
• As assigned, assist in the implementation of MCE’s Strategic Plan.
Any combination of education and experience that would provide the knowledge and skills required to perform the duties of the position. Typically, a Bachelor’s Degree in communications, planning, marketing, energy resources, computer science or a closely related field, and two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in a resource conservation program, energy efficiency, renewable energy, electric vehicle, or environmental science position.
Benefits include paid vacation, sick, personal and parental leave; employer paid medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance; employer contribution to a 401 (a) retirement plan; optional 457 (b) deferred compensation plan, flexible spending account and commute alternatives program.
Level of Language Proficiency
The ability to read, write and speak fluently and translate documents in English and Spanish is required for the outreach assignments.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
MCE requests qualified applicants provide their resume and a cover letter no later than 4pm on Friday, April 27, 2018. All applications will be screened for minimum qualifications. The candidates who are most qualified for the current opening will be invited to interviews. Interviews are planned to be conducted during the week of May 7. A skills test may be required as part of the interview process. Interviews may take place at MCE's San Rafael office located at 1125 Tamalpais Avenue, San Rafael, CA 94901
Home base for this position will be at our Concord office scheduled to open in early May.