Details: This is an exempt full-time position. The salary range is $86,664 - $123,597 with exact compensation to be determined by the Chief Executive Officer.
2300 Clayton Road
Manager of Compliance Operations
Open Until Filled
MCE Reserves the Right to Close this Recruitment at Any Time Depending on the Candidate Pool
Under direction of the General Counsel, the Manager of Compliance Operations is responsible for providing project management and operational support that enables MCE to meet its compliance obligations. The incumbent may receive direction from the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Operating Office and will work closely with Directors and senior-level managers on department-specific compliance requirements. The Manager of Compliance Operations will also work with consultants and contractors, and perform other duties as assigned.
This position may be responsible for the supervision of administrative support staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Illustrative Only)
- Develop systems and processes to ensure programs and undertakings of MCE comply with applicable laws, regulations, and mandates, and develop policies and compliance protocols as applicable
- Contribute information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction for MCE’s compliance and organizational needs
- Manage projects across teams that support the compliance obligations of MCE
- Support Directors, consultants and staff to develop and implement systems that ensure compliance with internal policies, guidelines and contractual obligations and retain institutional knowledge associated with compliance requirements
- Oversee and manage MCE’s external reporting obligations
- Oversee and manage responses to public record requests
- Develop, implement, improve, and oversee processes and systems for front-end and back-end contracts and grant agreement compliance
- Anticipate emerging compliance needs and trends and design improvements to internal controls
- In coordination with appropriate staff, support the updating and implementation of the draft MCE Risk Assessment and Management Plan
- Prepare reports for CEO, COO, and Directors and external regulatory bodies as appropriate
- As assigned, assist with the implementation of MCE’s Strategic Plan
- Manage projects within and across teams, as assigned
- Manage the work of administrative support staff, as assigned
Education and experience equal to a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college in business administration, public policy, finance, or a related field and the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the essential functions of the position and a minimum of five years of coordination and management work with an emphasis on compliance operations, preferably for a public utility or other public or not for profit agency. A Master’s degree in business administration, public policy, finance, or a related field is desirable.
To View the Full Job Announcement Visit the MCE Website Careers Page at: https://www.mcecleanenergy.org/careers/
Benefits include paid vacation, sick, personal, family medical and parental leave; employer paid medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance; employer contribution to a 401 (a) retirement plan; optional 457(b) deferred compensation plan, flexible spending account and commute alternatives program.
Minimum Education Required