The Program Coordinator serves as an integral member of the SBDC Lead Center team, which manages and supports the 15 small business development centers across the State of Colorado. The program coordinator will be responsible for administering the Colorado SBDC Network client management system, assisting small businesses clients and assisting the SBDC Senior Program Manager and Program Manager with programming and center support related projects. The program coordinator will touch various aspects of the SBDC programs and needs to be comfortable multi-tasking and managing multiple deliverables. This position should be passionate about small business and entrepreneurial development.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Customer service on phone calls for the small business hotline and OEDIT lines including guidance for MyBiz Colorado registration
● Respond to all written correspondence, e-mails or any requests from the website for business information
● Perform e-introductions with SBDC centers for consulting follow-up and track results of referrals
● Compile and customize small business packets for customers to be sent electronically
● Maintain inventory of materials (federal, state, local) distributed by the SBDC Hotline
● Keep records of all contacts in our call center database (Center IC)
● Update and seek new information on the small business databases for the State of Colorado
● Track and trend business needs data collected on the phone calls, emails, walk-ins and websites
● Facilitate call assistance with SBA for loan/grant applicants
● Assist the State Director on activities throughout the state as needed
● Coordinating workshops with the Minority Business Office (MBO) Director on start up businesses and other events as needed
● SBDC Center Performance tracking, benchmarking, and reporting
● SBDC Semi-Annual/Annual work Plans, strategy maps and analysis of updates
● Review of training reports for compliance with SBA regulations
● Creation and analysis of “report cards” to centers on performance indicators
● Manage survey processes to collect impact, needs assessments, and stakeholder satisfaction
● Manage and update online client management databases and resources
● Coordinate quarterly statewide consultant calls, professional development, and info sessions
● Comply with informational requests from program stakeholders
● Assist Program Manager, Deputy Director, and State Director with time sensitive projects
● Manage the SBDC Network’s Client Management System (Center IC/EX), including trainings and support desk
● Assist Business support marketing manager in developing and promoting social media updates, press releases and other related media communications to effectively market SBDCs locally, statewide and nationally.
● Assist SBDC Program Manager with special projects as assigned
● Monitor and evaluate economic impact among the 15 SBDC centers
● Assist in tracking and reporting on the budgets and fiscal reports for separate federal and local grants
● Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required.
● Good customer service skills
● Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, able to prioritize multiple initiatives
● Ability to work within a client management system
● Proven ability to work within excel and with data sets
● Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
● Proven exceptional grammar and editing skills
● Ability to do detailed work accurately
● Self-motivated team player
● Owning projects from concept to delivery
● Ability to work in downtown Denver or remotely as needed
● Communication - Is understood by and understands others; effectively persuades and influences others; clearly articulates key points when writing and speaking; active listener.
● Teamwork – Builds and supports effective teams; encourages a spirit of participation and belonging; enhances group cohesiveness by emphasizing team objectives and reinforcing cooperation.
● Creativity - Able to think independently and creatively to support the Grants and Program Manager in digital marketing, content development, and implementation of new statewide program initiatives
● Relationship Management – Builds collaborative relationships and effectively manages relationships with SBDC Network to include Center Directors and staff statewide.
● Customer Service- Customer focus adaptability to different personality types as well as analyzing customer’s requests. Strong phone and verbal communications skills along with active listening. Ability to track, analyze, and produce reports related to serviced clients/calls.
The Program Coordinator serves as an integral member of the SBDC Lead Center team, which manages and supports the 15 small business development centers across the State of Colorado. The program coordinator will be responsible for…
Must be proficient in English.
Must be proficient in English.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and references in one document to The Office of Economic Development and International Trade by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “SBDC Program Coordinator” by, 10/29/2021. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, we do not acknowledge receipt of each resume and are unable to give status updates. If a strong match is found between your qualifications and the requirements of the position, a member of the recruiting staff will contact you to further discuss the career opportunity.