Trauma-Informed Early Care and Education Social Worker
Reporting to the CFWB Trauma-Informed Early Childhood Education Case Supervisor, with latitude for independent judgment and decision-making, the Social Worker will support the delivery of child care services by providing trauma- informed care training, site-based consultation and coaching support for contracted center-based and home-based early childhood care and education providers, including staff and parents.
The responsibilities and tasks of the Social Worker include, but are not limited to:
• Attend, design and implement trauma-informed care model training for teachers and administrators in ACS- contracted early childhood care settings;
• Facilitate discussion and exercise in understanding and applying trauma-informed care principles among early childhood education program staff at assigned sites;
• Model trauma-informed care principles for staff and children in the classroom;
• Work with center-based staff to schedule and conduct parent trainings and engage families;
• Hold therapeutic consultation sessions with high-need individuals or groups, as referred and recommended by program staff or families;
• Interpret information based on case data, histories, statistics, etc.;
• Prepare and submit comprehensive summary reports of case findings;
• Provide training and technical assistance on the use of screening tools and assist in follow-up evaluations;
• Provide regular coaching support to staff and parents regarding difficult situations;
• Update and maintain case and/or program files;
• Build rapport, collaborative and strengths-based approaches for decision-making with the contracted care providers’ staff and leadership;
• Maintain accurate records and data as necessary to meet outcome goals and deadlines; and,
• Assist with special projects as needed.
• Knowledge of trauma-informed care principles and ACES
• Experience in early childhood setting.
Salary Range is $ 52,917 - $ 69,984.
To learn more, CITY EMPLOYEES: Apply through Employee Self-Serve (ESS). www.nyc.gov/ess Search for Job ID #: 351563.
ALL OTHER APPLICANTS: Go to www.nyc.gov/careers/search. Search for Job ID#: 351563
Minimum Education Required