255 Greenwich Street
Personnel Management and Administration
Deputy Assistant Director
The Mayor’s Office of Management and Budget (OMB) is the City government's chief financial agency. OMB's staff of analysts and experts assembles and oversees the Mayor’s expense and capital budgets, which fund the services and activities of more than 70 City agencies.
Personnel Management & Administration (PMA) is OMB’s central services department. It is responsible for designing, developing and implementing programs to meet the needs of OMB personnel and for providing timely and efficient services to OMB employees.
The duties of this position encompass the following:
Serve as the Deputy to the Director of Personnel Management and Administration. Provide support and oversight to: Human Resources Management, Timekeeping and Administrative Services
- Evaluate and assess Agency's facility needs. Develop and improve upon space planning policies.
- Provide guidance on agency expenditures and new needs, and develop options for administrative savings and efficiencies.
- Ensure that OMB travel, reimbursement, and procurement policies are compliant with Citywide regulations, adequately communicated to staff, and implemented appropriately. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of related Citywide regulations and NYC Comptroller-issued directives.
- Work with OMB’s Agency Chief Contracting Officer to procure agency-wide contracts for any needed supplies or services.
- Ensure that internal and external audits and reports are prepared properly.
- Oversee timekeeping functions including: Interpretation and implementation of timekeeping rules and regulations, including those issued by the Office of Payroll Administration (OPA), the Office of Labor Relations (OLR), and NYCAPS. Serve as a liaison to these groups as needed; Lead the maintenance and review of timekeeping records. Work with staff to identify trends and issues; Monitor overtime and leave usage by OMB staff; Ensure that internal and external audits and reports are prepared properly.
- Ensure policies are updated in a timely manner in the OMB Employee Handbook and online.
- Provide guidance and support to agency’s recruitment efforts.
- Coordinate special agency-wide events as needed.
- Must have outstanding communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding project management, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Ability to anticipate and resolve office-wide issues.
- Demonstrated experience working in administration and operations.
- Must work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Must be able to use resources strategically and creatively to resolve issues.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Must be able to work late nights and weekends as needed.
Deputy Assistant Director ($109,669+): Bachelor's degree and a minimum of seven years of full-time experience in human resources management, administration and operations, or a related field or an awarded Master's degree in Public Administration, Human Resources, or related field and a minimum of five years of relevant experience. Applicants must also possess at least two years of supervisory experience.
OMB offers a generous benefits package, including paid and/or accrued compensatory time.
Minimum Education Required