Full Time Temporary Contract
Details: $22 per hour
CB6 seeks a Community Consultant to provide administrative support to the CB6 district office. The Community Consultant will report directly to the District Manager or his designee, and will work approximately 35 hours per week (as necessitated by projects and office workload) until December 2018. The pay rate is $22 per hour. Though the position is temporary, there may be the possibility of a longer-term, full time or part time position with benefits at the conclusion of the temporary contract.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The Community Consultant works closely with the District Manager and committee Chairs to support the Board’s functioning and administration. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Providing administrative and clerical support
· Fielding phone calls and emails from city agencies, elected officials’ offices, and the public
· Working toward the resolution of constituent complaints/problems
· Drafting a monthly newsletter
· Updating the CB6 website and social media accounts
· Occasionally attending meetings and taking/transcribing notes/minutes
· Assisting with the logistical and administrative preparation for meetings
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, and EXPERIENCE
· Baccalaureate degree
· Excellent writing and proofreading/editing ability
· Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
· Computer and web skills
· Ability to work independently while also remaining self-motivated, meticulous, and organized
· Comfortable handling multiple projects with varying deadlines
· Excellent customer service skills on the phone, by email, and in person
· An ability to think about and solve problems creatively
· Being able to find out the answer to something you don't know
· Understanding of, and strong interest in, city government and its functions.
· Familiarity with the issues facing communities within the boundaries of CD6
· Proficiency using WordPress and MailChimp is a plus.
· Policy/issue research skills and the ability the synthesize findings into a readable document
· InDesign or other design experience for making flyers is a plus, but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
By June 1, 2018, interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume in a Microsoft Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “CB6 Community Consultant May 2018” in the subject line. Only candidates being considered will be contacted
Manhattan Community Board Six is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. People of color, women, LGBT people, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.