District of Columbia
The Open Markets Institute (OMI) is seeking to hire a lawyer with a strong understanding of antitrust law and competition policy to advance our antimonopoly work through engagement with the law enforcement, policy, and legal communities and direct interventions in antitrust cases. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing skills, demonstrated ability to think creatively about the law, strong advocacy instincts, and a passion for public interest work. Comfort serving as an expert on legal issues related to antitrust, including speaking to reporters and directly to the public, is a big plus. A minimum of two years of experience is required; being barred to practice law is encouraged.
General responsibilities include:
· Setting a legal research agenda to help advance OMI’s work, and leading OMI’s research and writing projects;
· Closely following competition actions by the antitrust agencies – in the United States and Europe – and states attorneys general;
· Representing OMI in meetings and forums with law enforcement agencies, policymakers, and competition policy scholars;
· Closely tracking antitrust actions in state and federal courts, and in Europe, and identifying opportunities for strategic intervention;
· Collaborating with OMI’s allies, including advocacy groups, on legal projects;
· Working closely with the OMI team.
· This is a full-time, exempt position in Washington, D.C.
· The job requires some travel.
· Reports to the Executive Director.
Generous benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision and 403(b) plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample (5 pages max). Applications without all three requested items will not be considered.