1365 East Elliot Road
Provide administrative support and assistance to the four pastors and church staff. Provide information, resources and assistance to the congregation and community partners. Staff church office Monday thru Thursday, 9:00am – 2:00pm.
· Trustworthiness and discretion with confidential data and conversations
· Ability to meet people with compassion and understanding
· Competence in Microsoft Office and database management
· Ability to maintain an orderly filing and record keeping system
· Ability to compose letters with proper usage of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
· Ability to assume responsibility and follow through independently
Administrative Duties and Office Responsibilities:
· Work closely with senior pastor and staff members in utmost confidence and collegiality
· Provide information and assistance to congregation and community partners
· Provide administrative and organizational assistance to pastors, staff and others as directed by the senior pastor
· Serve as receptionist for church office. Answer the phone and handle messages for staff.
· Pick up email messages and answer and/or route appropriately
· Open mail and distribute daily to staff members
· Keep various church records of current baptisms, weddings and deaths
· Print and distribute weekly and special service bulletins (i.e. wedding, funeral, etc)
· Maintain files of newsletters and bulletins for historical reference
· Coordinate the calendar of events and meeting schedule, including outside groups, with the Minister of Spiritual Formation for Youth and Adults
· Maintain an up-to-date church mailing list with complete addresses and phone numbers.
· Facilitate first time visitor follow-up
· Maintain inventory of office supplies and paper
· Arrange for professional printing as needed
· Prepare correspondence for the pastors and staff members as requested
· Record worship attendance
· Provide support to volunteers who need administrative or organizational assistance
· Complete other tasks assigned by the Senior Pastor
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position please submit your resume to David Barnhouse at SPRC@dayspring-umc.org