The Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services is seeking a regular, full-time Employment and Day Support Team Lead to work with individuals with intellectual or development disabilities in a community-based day program. It is our mission to connect individuals and their families with person-centered, recovery-oriented services and supports in partnership with the Loudoun community.
Works directly with developmentally and physically disabled adults in a day support program.
- supporting individuals in community-based activities, assisting with daily living skills such as dressing, toileting, showering, and supporting individuals during employment and volunteering.
- Assess individual needs and provide effective supports; record and synthesize data; maintain field records; establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, other agencies, employers, the individuals we support, the individuals' family and the general public.
- Provides employment counseling. (Provides work and work-related support, counseling, and guidance to consumers; assists clients in identifying employment goals; conducts assessments as needed; and researches and identifies job opportunities to meet clients' goals and skills.)
- Provides employment assessment, placement and training. (Provides situational assessments, job development placement and training; follow-along, benefits counseling, and customized employment, as required to meet individuals' needs.)
- Develops community employment resources. (Develops contacts with community partners and local businesses to support program goals; develops and presents informational seminars about CAP services to customer and the community as needed.
- Act as the Team Lead in Program Managers absence
- May perform other essential job functions specific to the position and department assignment.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, or related field to assigned Department
- One (1) year of related work experience in social work, counseling, employment, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience ?
- General knowledge of principles and practices of employment services and day services for individuals with intellectual disabilities.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws regarding the treatment and rights of people with disabilities.
- Applicants must have excellent oral and written communication skills to provide excellent customer. Must be skilled in operating a computer and various office equipment; skilled in the use of software used by Loudoun County, i.e. Oracle, ERP, EHR, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Must have a valid driver's license in Virginia or regional state of residence.
- Ability to record, synthesize and report data. Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively orally and in writing. Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work independently. Ability to evaluate client needs and provide effective job training/support. Knowledge of local resources and ability to make appropriate referrals. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, other agencies, employers, clients, client families and the general public.
- Train and support clients on a variety of jobs in a variety of work environments, may require significant physical stamina, lifting, bending, stooping, and lifting, and exposure to environmental extremes.
- Fulfill Essential Duties related to Category A, as detailed in MHSADS List of Essential Duties.
- Be available to report to work during inclement weather, in accordance with Departmental Policy (#ADM.112 Inclement Weather Staffing) and this position's designation as a Level Two Essential.
- The job functions may involve unpredictable and unavoidable risk of exposure requiring special safety precautions (exposure to blood or bodily fluids, aggressive behaviors, etc.).
- Must be able to wear County-issued N-95 mask and other personal protective equipment (PPE) such as face shield, mask, apron, gown, gloves, etc.
- Staff may have to assume the sole responsibility for cleaning up contaminated areas, objects and/or clothing when situations necessitate.
- May be required to work and may be assigned to an alternate work site to carry out duties that support the needs of the County's residents or employees
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check to include fingerprinting, NCIC, credit, DMV and TB test. Must have a valid driver's license in Virginia or regional state of residence.