Details: salary starting at specified amount
633 Third Avenue
BASIC FUNCTION: Manage content development and the product roadmap for ILoveNY.com, a fully immersive content destination for all things New York State tourism. This role is responsible for overall day-to-day operations of ILoveNY.com and the I LOVE NEW YORK mobile app.
- Set and manage overall editorial agenda in line with digital and tourism division initiatives and goals so as to increase traffic and audience engagement
- Manage the in-house I LOVE NEW YORK digital editorial team (2 direct reports), as well as web and mobile development vendors
- Develop a defined editorial positioning for the I LOVE NEW YORK brand across digital platforms including web, mobile, and email
- Oversee and manage the creation of high quality editorial content for web, mobile and email; perform copy editing and give notes to both in-house and external writers
- Lead SEO efforts and integrate into marketing campaigns/initiatives
- Work closely with the Digital & Social Marketing Manager to extend the I LOVE NEW YORK voice to social media platforms and ensure optimal distribution of editorial content
- Liaise with colleagues across tourism and other marketing verticals to ensure that web content is cohesive with cross-functional initiatives
- Project manage enhancements to the web site and mobile app, ensuring that they meet quality standards and are delivered on time and on budget
- Oversee quality assurance testing and overall accuracy of web content
- Interpret and apply web publishing analytics to create break-through content
- Write articles and page copy as needed.
EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education Level required: Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or other relevant studies.
Relevant experience/knowledge required: 5+ years of digital editorial experience working for a well-known travel, lifestyle, parenting or media brand with increasing responsibility over time. Exceptional editorial skills including writing, editing, researching, and conceptualization for digital platforms (blogs, web publishing, etc.); must have a mastery of the English language and grammar. Experience optimizing content for the mobile web and apps. Strong project management skills with experience supervising and editing work of digital vendors and junior staff. Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with simultaneous responsibility for multiple projects. Good eye for design and quality photography. Strong leadership skills and the ability to work independently. Proficient with digital KPIs and understanding of how to apply analytics to content creation. Experience using CMS tools and knowledge of basic HTML coding. Strong understanding of SEO best practices for digital content creation.
Knowledge preferred: Prior experience working on a website redesign project is a big plus. Proficiency in social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and digital video; passionate about and keeps up to date with latest travel, pop culture and technology trends; Photoshop proficiency is a plus.
Comprehensive benefits package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume to email address provided, indicating job title and reference # in the subject line
please list source of recruitment
*We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity*