Details: salary up to specific amount
633 Third Avenue
Conduct financial and credit analysis of real estate development projects and operating companies to determine the level of State financial support required and to structure loans, grants, State asset dispositions and other financial assistance accordingly.
- Develop financial models to evaluate various real estate development proposals;
- Create/modify custom Excel worksheets for developers to report their detailed financial plans;
- Conduct due diligence and write memos on the developer and deal feasibility;
- Visit potential development sites;
- Write memos that provide corporate and project financial strength, credit risks, and funding gaps;
- Conduct credit analysis and underwrite loans, draft loan reports, and present to the ESD Board for credit approval;
- Visit potential/current borrowers and interview counterparties;
- Perform risk assessment of credit and collateral to ensure loan stability and sound credit quality;
- Research, develop, and implement programs that promote economic development;
- Provide high level financial analysis assistance to various other ESD departments, including real estate, venture capital, loans & grants, and other State agencies; and
Complete sensitivity analyses and initiate financial feasibility studies on complex business development proposals.
EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education Level required: BA/BS degree in Finance. MBA in Finance or Real Estate desirable.
Relevant experience required: 5+ years of experience preparing financial analyses of large real estate transactions and commercial loans.
Knowledge required: The ideal candidate will have sufficient knowledge to independently analyze financial statements and write concise credit analyses. This will include extensive knowledge of financial accounting; strong analytic abilities; facility with financial modeling; and excellent written and oral communication skills. The candidate must also have working knowledge of various forms of tax credits (LIHTC, HTC & NMTC) and an understanding of EB-5 transactions. Advanced Excel skills are required.
Enhance comprehensive benefit package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
please announce job title in subject line and list recruitment source