Details: This is an exempt full-time position. The salary range is $72,509 - $106,732 with exact compensation to be determined by the Chief Executive Officer.
1125 Tamalpais Avenue
The Finance Analyst works under the general supervision of the Manager of Finance and has responsibility for a wide range of matters to support MCE’s finance efforts, including budgeting, treasury and cash management, strategic planning, risk management, data analysis, and financial controls.
The position requires general knowledge of business, budget and accounting principles and strong organizational, interpersonal and data analysis skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Illustrative Only)
- Conduct and summarize comprehensive analytical studies of complex administrative, operational, financial and/or other organizational issues and perform statistical and other research as assigned
- Prepare and deliver oral and written reports based on information obtained through research and analysis
- Draft recommended administrative procedures and/or operational policies in the assigned area of responsibility
- Coordinate and assemble a variety of administrative/financial/statistical information for manager's review
- Prepare a variety of professional reports, presentations, and correspondence
- Analyze and initiate recommendations to improve and facilitate Agency programs, departmental procedures and outcomes
- Provide operational support for the Finance area
- Update and maintain the accuracy of department Staffing Budgets and process approval of staffing change requests
- Assist with the development and regular maintenance of Departmental Budgets and other financial reports
- Monitor monthly budget updates and work with Directors to identify potential variations from budget projections
- Implement procedures and coordinate with Staff and external consultants to update and maintain the accuracy of master budget worksheets and assist manager in preparing agency budgets and budget amendments
- Assist with developing systems to receive feedback to improve budget management
- Prepare staff reports and other presentation material for the Board and its Committees as needed under the direction of manager
Treasury and Cash Management
- Release payments via bill.com and complete wire transfers and ACH payments as needed
- Oversee bank balances to implement procedures to optimize liquidity and interest revenue
- ·Facilitate transfers to/from accounts with LAIF and/or broker dealer and custodian of MCE investments
- Provide periodic reporting for MCE investments
- Monitor EAL deposit requirements and make weekly payments to the CAISO for EAL deposits and regular invoices
- Support strategic planning activities as directed by manager
- Under the direction of manager, implement a process for reviewing and updating the Draft Enterprise Risk Management, Risk Identification and Assessment
- Provide administrative support to Risk Oversight Committee as needed
- Under the direction of the manager, develop and implement systems to track and manage credit risks and collateral requirements
- Undertake review of insurance coverage requirements as directed and process insurance claims as needed
Data Analysis and Financial Controls
- Under direction of manager, develop and implement systems that ensure that operating activities are accounted for in a timely and accurate manner including but not limited to invoicing and payment processing
- Provide periodic compliance, financial and other reports to third parties as needed
- Assist with the development and implementation of annual financial audit plans
- Participate in and/or manage special projects, as assigned
This position may have lead worker or supervisory responsibility for administrative support staff and interns.
Education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and a minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in business operations, finance or accounting. Experience in the electric utility industry and working on or for a board of directors is preferred though not required.
To View the Full Job Announcement Please Visit the MCE Website Careers Page: https://www.mcecleanenergy.org/careers/
Benefits include paid vacation, sick, personal, family medical and parental leave; employer paid medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance; employer contribution to a 401 (a) retirement plan; optional 457(b) deferred compensation plan, flexible spending account and commute alternatives program.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
MCE requests qualified applicants provide their cover letter and a resume no later than Monday, August 13, 2018. Selection procedures may consist of any or all of the following: application ranking, writing sample, skills test, and interviews. To apply, please send your cover letter and resume via email to jobs@MCEcleanenergy.org
It is anticipated that first round interviews will be scheduled during the week of August 20. For those selected to move forward, second round interviews are anticipated to be held during the week of August 27.